C8: The Liar and the Friend♧

♧Inner Demon♧

Dear Mama,

I realized that my letters never reached their destination so it makes me wonder if writing this has any purpose at all.

Please say something.

Yours,

M. A.

♧Inner Demon♧

After managing to hide myself inside the west wing, I couldn't help but slumped down on the ground, feeling exhausted.

"Mahiru is so fastttt~" I drawled, regretting the fact that I have to be chased by him. He certainly has the stamina to win any event in the Sports fest festival unlike me.

I sighed before I took notice of my surrounding and found that I was inside a very familiar room.

I moved around cautiously and noticed a box with a lock where a diary laid harmlessly. Upon close inspection, I realized how eerily similar it was to my --

"Young miss?" A voice called. "You know that you shouldn't be here."

I whirled around and noticed Lily's figure. I snorted before raising my chin and squaring my shoulders. I began to walk towards the door, hell bent on ignoring the elephant in the room.

"Young miss?" Lily called again but I walked faster, passing him and onto the hallway.

A hand grabbed my shoulder while I slapped it away and turned around with a glare directed towards my perpetrator.

"Do not touch me!" I snapped, crossing my arms defensively.

Lily's face softened a little. "I'm sorry, Mitsuki but--"

"-but what?" I mocked, letting my anger bubble to the surface. I clenched my fists tightly as my shoulders down to my arms and hands began to shake.

"How could you?" I didn't want to sound like a wounded animal but it still came out that way and I almost want to pull my hair for letting my emotions get the better of me.

But I couldn't stop and I was hurting. I wish Onii-sama was here, he would know what to do and he would make me feel better.

Lily took a step forward which made me took a step back.

"Why did no one ever tell me? Why didn't you tell me? Was it so hard to tell me that Misono doesn't remember me or that Misono never received any of my letters? After all these years? So then, I guess the same could be said for my gifts, huh? Were are they, did you burn them all?"

He was about to answer but I shook my head.

"Nevermind. Don't answer that
Don't tell me and just keep silent." Scoffing, I spoke once more.

"••••• don't call me young miss anymore. And I won't call you •••••. It's Lily now, isn't it? Since Ojii-chan passed away and you're Misono's servamp now."

He looked quite sad at hearing my words as he used one arm to hug himself. If times were different, I would have went to hug him so he wouldn't have to feel so lonely, the same way I used to--