C16: Stand By Your Side♧

♧Inner Demon♧

Dear Mama,

I'm about to do something stupid. I hope you're watching me.

Yours,

M. A.

P. S. Onii-sama hasn't changed, he still hovers.

♧Inner Demon♧

Mahiru took Kuro with him, his Uncle Toru making him stay in his bag. Kuro usually stay inside anyways, so it wasn't a problem. His uncle's visit was certainly unexpected and he usually tells Mahiru when he's going home.

But Mahiru wasn't complaining, it certainly has been a long time since he saw his uncle, with all the vampire stuff happening.

Going inside a sushi restaurant, Mahiru sat down on the assembly, a stranger was seated next to his right and on his left was his Uncle Toru.

That's when Mahiru noticed who the 'stranger' is.

It was Tsubaki! What is he doing here!?

"Fancy meeting you here." The servamp said nonchalantly, a sushi on his mouth and he looked mildly surprised to see Mahiru too. His expression schooled immediately as if he was more interested on the food he was eating.

"Tsubaki... why are you here?" Mahiru asked in a cautious tone.

"I'm having lunch?" Tsubaki answered as if that was already obvious from the way he was eating.

"Mahiru, an acquaintance of yours?" His Uncle Toru asked.

Suddenly, Mahiru doesn't feel like having lunch anymore.

"Uncle, I think we should leave or else we'll be in trouble.." His uncle, who doesn't seem to see the danger infront of them, proceeded to make a really bad pun about sushi. And Tsubaki actually laughed at the ridiculously bad joke!

This nerds.

"Sushi... as much as you want..!" Tsubaki said between laughs, slapping the table repeatedly before turning around and stopping.

"How unamusing."

Mahiru felt second hand embarrassment just from being between the two. Then Uncle Toru left, a call from work taking his attention which left Mahiru alone with Tsubaki.

"That was your uncle? He seemed humorless." Tsubaki said, taking another plate from the conveyor belt.

"Since we're here. Let's talk about Sakuya." That caught Mahiru's attention immediately.

"Wha.."

"Aren't you interested? Of the feelings Sakuya carries until now? And how he felt when he betrayed you?"

Mahiru stood up. "Wait..! Why are you suddenly s-saying this?!"

"Hm? Do you like fishing?" Tsubaki said, not bothering to answer his question.

"I don't really like it...since I'm so moody." Tsubaki, in a bored tone. "But if you chummed them, it's much easier."

And this guy wanted to start a vampire war? Why was he suddenly saying random things?

Tsubaki looked to Mahiru. "When I touch you, it's bubbling below the surface."

What was he even saying?

"I don't understand.." Mahiru started.

"Let's leave my goals aside for now." Tsubaki dismissed. "You're interested, aren't you?"