Street Food Stand

Recap:
A sudden "WHAAAAAAAAAAT" burst out of my mouth breaking the silence.
——————————

"Yeah! I know how it's always been such a big dream of yours to sing but couldn't do it because your parents wanted you to be a doctor. You can't be shy forever! It's time for you to show the world your beautiful voice!" She said with the biggest smile on her face.

"AHHHHHHH"
"AHHHHH"
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH"
We both screamed for a while out of excitement. Once we had calmed down, happy tears streamed down my cheeks at the thought of what a great friend I had. But then I realized that I had barely paid off my student loans and had about $23.78 in my bank account.

"There's no way I can afford going to Korea, dude" I told her as my happiness turned to disappointment.

"No worries pal! They said they would pay for the whole trip!" I got filled with excitement again and we screamed for another few minutes.

~(2 weeks later)~

OH. MEH. GOSH. I can't believe this is actually happening... An entertainment company actually wants me?? OHHHH MYY

I had heard of BTS before, they were the big Kpop group that was breaking all sorts of records left and right but because of school, I never got the chance to listen to their music or understand the craze about them.

I decided that if they were goin to be my coworkers, I should probably listen to their music. I open YouTube and searched "BTS". Their newest song popped up. They released it about a week ago and yet it has over 250 million views already. Woah... it can't be that good..

I click the video and listen to the song. IT. WAS. AMAZING. I understand now.. they can sing and rap and dance and everything so well... they were a bit older now but they still sing, dance and rap so well..

I need to watch more... I clicked the music video that popped up next but before it could play, my phone started ringing. It was my mom... why is she calling right now of all times? I answered the phone.

"Hello?"
"MoonByul? Where are you? I came to visit you at home but you aren't here."
"Uh.. well I'm actually going on a trip for work right now mom." I lied through my teeth. I couldn't tell her that I went across the entire planet just to sing.
"Ahhh I see! My daughter is so busy! I'll just leave the food in your fridge! Have fun baby!"
"Bye Mom."

I sighed and ended the call. I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes.

Oh wait! I was watching BTS videos! When I opened the video, my phone suddenly died.

"Shoot!" I said out loud. Everyone sitting on my aisle looked over.
"Hehe sorry!" I said, scratching my head and half bowing. Well, this was for the better anyway... I spent the next 6 hours on my laptop doing my work while charging my phone... I'm surprised I even did work for that long.

I laid back in my seat and took a nap for the rest of the ride. Eventually, after almost 20 hours, I got to Korea!

WOOHOO!! WOOHOO! Woohoo! Woohoo...? A sudden shock and fear took over me. What am I doing here? There's no way I can just show up to a new country and expect everything to go well...

NO!!... I can't chicken out now... I've come too far... I grab my luggage and step outside the airport.
It was breezy. For a summer day, this weather felt pretty good. I closed my eyes and smelled the air. It was salty yet almost sweet. The humidity had made me sweat already. A little off the exit of the airport I saw a chubby man with big sunglasses and a sign that read " SHIN MOON BYUL" in Korean.