Please wake up [KTH]

"HEY!! MOONBYUL!! SHIN MOONBYUL WAKE UP!!"

Yoongi-hyung's unusually loud voice woke me up from a deep sleep. My eyes were bloodshot from being suddenly woken.

Jimin startled awake next to me too.

MoonByul was laying on the floor unconscious and Yoongi-Hyung was shaking her and screaming.

What's this? What's going on?

I ran towards the passed out girl. Jimin grabbed his phone and immediately called 119 and ran out of the room.

Tears and shock built up in my eyes, but remained unshed. I gulped and reached out my shaking hand towards MoonByul.

She was unresponsive.

While my shock rendered me unable to move, Yoongi-Hyung listened for her breath and pulse.

After not getting anything, he started CPR.

"TaeHyung! Go get help!!" He yelled at me, shaking me out of my stupid immobility.

I ran out of the room, tears finally rolling down my face.

This wasn't how it was supposed to end! There was supposed to be another way! She can't!! I won't let her!

Before I could get far down the hall, Jimin and the medical staff available in the building were running down the hall.

The staff immediately began taking over CPR.

"She was poisoned," Yoongi-hyung explained to the medical staff. "a girl gave this juice to her and she passed out after drinking it. After finding out the cause, the team began temporary treatment.

Yoongi-hyung stepped back and looked over at me while huffing. The CPR had worn him out.

He hugged me. I broke down in tears. I couldn't believe what was happening. The person I love was about to die and I couldn't do anything about it. If Yoongi-hyung and Jimin hadn't been here, I don't know what would have happened.

A few minutes later, the ambulance arrived and MoonByul was taken to the hospital and treated.

Jimin, Yoongi-Hyung and I went along with them to the hospital. Once MoonByul was out of the operating room, the doctor broke the news to us.

"The trace amount of poison already got to her brain. We were able to take out the rest but the brain had already spread it. We don't know if she will stabilize. Please... prepare for the worst."

The doctor's words left the room cold and silent. It was as if he had carved every word into my heart.

Jimin started crying and hugged me. Yoongi-hyung paced the room and bit his nails. Without any resolve, he walked over to the doctor and grabbed him by the collar.

"I don't care how much it costs, you have to save her." His eyes and voice were cold and piercing.

The doctor was shocked by his demeanor and pushed him back.

"I'm sorry, I've done all I can. It's all up to luck now." He said, before walking away.

Yoongi-hyung squatted onto the floor and tucked his head in his knees.

The rest of the group came rushing in together.

The nurses from the operating room took her back to  a room and we all followed behind her.

We booked a VIP room and restricted the entrance to only BTS members. Only 2 doctors and 3 nurses were allowed to treat MoonByul after thorough background checks were run.

MoonByul's state stabilized in and out all through the night, so I couldn't sleep a wink.

I would doze of every once in a while but didn't fall asleep.

That night, everyone slept at the hospital. In the morning, Yoongi-hyung was missing. He left a message.

"I'll go take care of something and be back."

The group had told the managers to cancel the schedules for the day so everyone could stay next to MoonByul.

Yoongi-hyung returned that night, and he brought chicken for everyone.

"Where were you hyung?" Jimin asked.

"Just taking care of something important." He said, clearing his throat.

We all ate in silence, knowing what would likely soon happen. I couldn't help the tears leaving my eyes, so my food was a bit salty...
———————-