Come Back

Recap:

"TAEHYUNGGGG!! KIM TAEHYUNGGGG!! WHAT IS THIS? NOOO WHYYY??"  

--------------------------------

[DISCLAIMERRR]
The next few parts will contain topics like murder, depression and such. If you are sensitive to such topics, please don't read those parts! Don't worry, I'll put a disclaimer every time.

It's been twelve days since TaeHyung's accident. He's been in a coma. I stopped working, I stopped talking to people, I stopped going to practice. People came and went. BTS members, the managers, TaeHyung's family.

For the past twelve days, I've worn the same 3 sets of clothes, eaten hospital food and watched TaeHyung lay in bed. Most of my time is spent crying though.

"Oppa! I saw this book in the hospital shop downstairs! I thought you would like it so I bought it!" I pulled out the children's book.

"A Tiger and The Dried Persimmon" I read the title. My puffy eyes got watery again. I cleared my throat. "You like tigers, right Oppa?" I smiled.

His motionless face gave no reply. The silence in the room was only consumed by the noise of the machine that was helping TaeHyung breathe.

I closed the book and placed it on my lap. "You... You lied to me. You said you would protect me." I held back tears. "Oppa... Come back. I miss you so much."

I laid on his chest. My tears rolled down the bridge of my nose and were soaked up by TaeHyung's hospital gown. "I'm lonely without you. Hurry and come back to me." I fell asleep, comforted by the warmth of his body.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. Huh? What is that sound?

I startled awake, the machine attached to TaeHyung was beeping uncontrollably. I rushed out of the room, screaming for a doctor.

A set of doctors barged in, "HE'S GONE INTO CARDIAC ARREST. PREPARE FOR CPR." One shouted. The room became busy and I was pushed into a corner. I tried to breathe, control my heart. A floodgate had opened, tears ran nonstop. I clenched my chest and wept in the corner.

Suddenly, the commotion in the room settled, nurses and doctors alike bowed their heads.

"What is it? What are you doing?! WHY DID YOU STOP??!? WWHHHYYYY!?!" I stumbled to his side, his bare chest was no longer moving in its usual rhythm.

"OPPPAAA!!! OPPPPPPAAAAAA!!!!!!"

"7:32 PM, The patient has passed away." The doctor bowed his head.

"NOOOO! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!? NOOOO!!" I grabbed his collar and shook him. "He... He can't..." My voice became weak and I fell to my knees and wept. "Kim TaeHyung you liar... You have to protect me..."

BEEP... BEEP... BEEP

All attention landed on the source of the sudden noise. I stood up shaking, heavy breaths. His chest was moving.

I wept, clinging to him.

I can't let this be the life you like. NO, I won't let this be the life you live. 

Kim TaeHyung, it'll be me who protects you.

-------------------------------------