Happy birthday

Recap:
My face got even hotter than before. He laughed, getting up from his seat. "Come on," he said, putting out his hand. "I want to show you something."
——————————————

"B-But the food," I said, reluctantly sliding my hand into his. Ah, this is it. This is the warm hand I was craving for so long.

"I'll make it up another day," He said, pulling up his mask. The owner saw us leaving and made eye contact with me, he looked annoyed. "IM SORRYYY" I screamed back at him in Korean.

TaeHyung and I walked across the street, holding hands. The sun was setting, making the sky a beautiful mix of colors. It reminded me of the sky we saw at the beach.

The warm breeze set such a romantic mood. Walking hand in hand with the boy I like? It was like a dream come true.

We walked back to BigHit, taking the elevator up to the 5th floor. The floor was big, filled with desks and conference rooms. At the end of one of the hallways was a dark conference room.

"Why are we going there?" I asked, "are you going to kill me or something?" I laughed at my own dark, terrible joke. I'm actually quite scared of the dark... which is probably why the dumb joke came out in the first place. TaeHyung just ignored me, completely focused on something else. He also probably didn't feel me lightly trying to tug him away.

Before we went into the room, TaeHyung stopped me. "Wait, before we go in, let me check if anyone is in there.." he walked into the room first, closing the door behind him.

He came out a few seconds later, grabbing my hand again and pulling me into the room. The room was still dark. I grabbed his arm with my free hand, searching for safety in him. Something was sitting on a table, slightly lighting up the room.

Candles? Why candles?

"Happy birthday Shin MoonByul!!" TaeHyung screamed, grabbing my shoulders and lightly pushing me towards the candles. As I got closer, I saw a cake under the candles.

I gasped in shock. "It's my birthday? How did I not know? H-how did you know?"

I was so caught up in balancing my job and the training, I forgot my own birthday.

TaeHyung sat me down on the couch, gently putting a party hat shaped like a crown over my head. He slid one onto his head too.

He went and sat in front of me and the cake and pulled out his phone. "Happy birthday to you~" he started singing.

My loneliness from the past two weeks melted into nothingness. The presence of one person made my skies brighter, my smile bigger and my heart beat faster.

"Blow our the candles MoonStar!" He said. I blew them out and before I realized it, tears started rolling down my face. My heart was so full, it started overflowing in the form of tears.

TaeHyung panicked, putting his phone down and running to me. He sat down beside me and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"W-why are you crying?" He asked, trying to stop my seemingly unending tears.

I hugged him, snuggling my head into his chest. My arms wrapped around him and I cried more.

"I-I missed you..." I told him, with my head against his chest. He hugged me back, using one arm to pull me closer and the other to stroke my hair.

I could hear his heartbeat, it was as beautiful as him. I closed my eyes, calmed by the rhythm. It was fast, making me fall for it deeper.

"Yah... don't cry, it's your birthday" TaeHyung said, pulling me back. His ears had gone red. huh? How cute...