MoonBin-Hyungnim!

I woke up the next morning surrounded in complete warmth. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was TaeHyung's sleeping face. I had seen him sleeping before, but not up this close.

The sunlight shining through the window shed light on parts of his hair. His eyelashes were long, peacefully protecting his closed eyes. I saw his every mole. The beauty they added to his face was unbelievable.

I slid my hand down his cheek down to his chin, in awe of what a beautiful person I was with. Both inside and out.

Parts of his hair were laying on top of his eyes and nose. I reached my arm up and moved them away from his face. Hair? My hair!

I sat up startled. My hair! MY HAIR! I ran my hand through my hair, trying to find the length. Some of it was there, the right side hadn't been touched. However, trying to find the left side was pointless, since it was nonexistent.

Suddenly the events of last night flooded my mind. "Ah..." I covered my mouth as I cried, trying not to wake TaeHyung up. It was too late, he was awake.

"MoonByul-ah" he sat up, calling my name.

"Oppa" I called him back. I was a little less in shock than last night. "Oppa... it's gone... my hair... it-it's gone."

"I know baby, I know." he hugged me, wrapping his arms around my emotionally drained body.

"My-my hair was part of me..." I said through my tears. "It was how I knew that my older brother was always watching me and keeping me safe."

He didn't say anything. His embrace was enough.

"My hair isn't here anymore... my brother isn't here anymore... MoonBin isn't here anymore..." I cried out loud, realizing the truth in my heart.

"Oppaaaa" I wailed. "Oppa what should I do? He's gone" I grabbed his shirt, crying nonstop now.

"No, MoonByul. He isn't gone. I know he isn't. He'll always be watching you." His deep voice chimed in. It pierced through the cloudiness in my heart.

"He's your older brother." He continued. "He'll keep you safe forever. If your hair served as an extra shield, then until the day it grows back to its original length, I'll stay by your side and protect you in its place."

I looked up at him, the sincerity in his eyes was so trustworthy. "Shin MoonByul, I will protect you til death!" He shouted.

He looked up, out through the window at the sky. "MoonBin-Hyungnim, I didn't know you personally. However, I have the confidence to protect MoonByul. Please leave her in my care!" He called out.

I pouted again, touched by his every word. I hugged him tighter, holding back my tears.

"Thank you Oppa, I love you..." I told him, meaning every word.

He pulled my head back, wiping my tears. His sincerity had managed to cease my never ending waterfall.

"MoonByul-ah, let's go fix your hair. I know a really good hairdresser." His words didn't sound harsh or insensitive. They sounded dependable.

"Mmh" I nodded.

He got up from the bed, heading to his closet. I looked around.

"Huh? Where are we?" I asked. I hadn't realized the surroundings since I was so devastated.

"Welcome to my room!" TaeHyung said, turning around and doing a dramatic spin.

I giggled. How silly.

"Ah! You laughed!" He said, pointing my way. I smiled at him, my eyes puffy from early morning tears.

He looked through his closet, pulling out his smallest clothes. He pulled out a shirt and a pair of skinny jeans.

Ah I ran out in my pajamas...

"Here, try these." He told me, handing me the clothes. I took them from him, waiting for him to tell me where I could go change. He didn't say anything, he just stood there.

"Where..." I started.

"Ah! Oh! Right!" He looked a bit flustered. "Umm, right there! That door leads to my bathroom.

I got up from the bed. I wobbled a little as I stood up, causing a dramatic reaction from TaeHyung. I went to the bathroom and turned on the light.

I was in front of the mirror. I saw myself, the broken girl who had lost her most precious treasure.

I put the clothes on the table and made eye-contact with myself. I pulled my hair forward, laying the leftover on my chest.

"Ah... what am I going to do..?" I felt tears rising. I'm not a crybaby, I promise. I just... my hair just meant everything to me.

As I looked into the mirror again, TaeHyung's words echoed my mind.

I'll stay by your side and protect you in its place.

I smiled. Finding peace in his words, I washed my face. The cold water felt good against my burning eyes.

I started changing. Even though they were TaeHyung's smallest clothes, they were still too big. He was 5' 10" while I was 5' 2".

The pants were too long, so I just pulled them up, having them collect around my ankles. The shirt was the same. I pulled the sleeves up and let them pool at my wrists. The shoulders were too wide, when I tried pulling up one side, my bra strap was revealed on the other side. I tried to balance it in the middle so that neither strap would be shown.

I walked out of the bathroom, met by TaeHyung who was eagerly waiting for me.

"Yah, how can you just do that?" He walked up to me, pulling me to sit on his bed.

"Let me fix it." He said.

———————————