The Truth

[Recap]:
"Who are you?" I asked softly and with sincerity. Who was this beauty who made my heart beat like it's never done before?

She gulped, preparing to answer.
—————————
She hesitated, not wanting to speak.

"I... if I tell you, you have to help me keep it a secret..." MoonByul started.

I could tell that she was scared.

"Of course." I replied, trying to calm her down.

"I'm... MoonByul. Shin MoonByul."

She gulped, facing me head on and spoke. "I'm actually from the future. I'm a scientist and I invented that watch."

I didn't want to believe her. It sounded like she was pulling a story out of a kdrama. However, she was sincere. The words she spoke seemed real.

I sat up, letting her sitting up too.

"I'm from the year 2028 and I actually came back to save you," she continued.

"You and I fell in love. You were my everything." MoonByul teared up as she spoke.

"But then, one day, someone came and tried to m—" she stopped. Her eyes grew in shock and she started crying.

"What? What happened?" I asked, not understanding the sudden tears.

She hugged me tight, crying out loud now. Her tears filled my shirt and her voice filled the room.

"I couldn't save you! I couldn't do anything!" She cried.

I hugged her back, patting her back. She was small and fit perfectly into my arms.

"You were put in your deathbed by some psychopath!" She continued.

My heart stopped beating for a second and raced. What? Deathbed? I'm going to die?

"That's why I came back in time to save you..." she cried, "but I'm weak. My heart is weak, my mind is weak, my everything is weak. I'm not worthy of you. I don't deserve to love you."

"MoonByul." I called her name steadily. Even though this random event was occurring, it felt as if I understood everything. I knew that she was trying. I knew that she loved me but I didn't know what I felt about her.

I pulled her face back and wiped her tears. Her face pulled some string in my heart. It hurt and stung like crazy.

I didn't know what I felt for her, but I knew I couldn't hold back anymore.

"Thank you for coming. Thank you for risking your life to save mine." I kissed her. I felt something strong for her. I couldn't place the feeling I had but I wanted to let her know that I felt something for her.

I couldn't hold back anymore.