The Last Date

Recap:
I was happy. This reminded me of the way we used to be. I was glad I could do this with him again.
——————————

"Where do you want to go?" I asked him in the car.

"Umm... lets go watch the stars!" He responded.

I looked up at the sky. It would be a long while before the stars came out.

"How about we eat and play before we go?" I suggested.

"Okay! What do you want to eat?" He asked.

"Kimchi Jiggae! With you..." my heart spoke.

"I know the best place!" He lit up.

"I know you do." I smiled back at him.

Somehow, spending time with TaeHyung like this made it feel like things were going to happen soon and this was my last time to spend real time with him. I was going to make it the best.

We went to the same Kimchi Jiggae place from 2026. It looked the exact same. I sat in the same seat from my memories.

I stared at TaeHyung who sat in front of me. His beauty burned into my brain. I couldn't get enough of him.

TaeHyung placed his hands under his chin and stared back at me. I reached out and touched his face. I wanted this moment to last forever.

I got up from my seat, reached over the table and grabbed TaeHyung's face and kissed him through his mask.

Shortly after, I realized that we were in public and sat back down with a beet red face.

"Aye, darling, that's not how you do it." TaeHyung got up from his seat and walked over to me. He pulled me off my seat and wrapped his arms around my waist until our bodies touched.

TaeHyun pulled down his mask and kissed me. The whole world began to spin and we were the only ones in the room.

My legs started giving out, so I grabbed onto TaeHyung's shoulders for support.

The world stopped spinning when the waiter cleared her throat and put down our food.

How long were we kissing? Ah! That's so embarrassing!

I looked around to find everyone's eyes on us. TaeHyung quickly put his mask back on and sat down. I bowed and apologized to all the customers.

"L-lets eat." I said, before diving into the food. We both ate quickly and rushed out.

After eating, we went to the roof of TaeHyung's favorite building to watch the stars.

TaeHyung laid his jacket down on the floor for me to lay on and he laid down on the cold floor.

I pulled his jacket in between us.

"Let's share," I said, smiling at TaeHyung. He smiled back and put his head down first. Before I could put my head down next to him, he stuck his arm out. I placed my head on his arm comfortably and he pulled me closer to his chest.

I put my arm around him and we both looked up at the sky.

The serenity was peaceful yet painful. I wanted this moment to never end.

"You know, you were the one who helped me get over my fear of heights. On this building," I told him.

"Oh really? This is my favorite place in all of Seoul." He said, an adorable smile filled his face.

"I know, Oppa. You tell me all the time." I responded.

I closed my eyes and felt the warm summer breeze. I flipped to my side and hugged TaeHyung tightly.

"Thank you for being alive. Thank you for existing. Thank you for making my life so exciting and worth living. I love you more than you could ever imagine." I confessed to him. I spoke into his chest, as if I was speaking directly to his heart.

His eyes widened with shock. ""I was supposed to tell you that stuff first. I fell in love with you the moment I first saw you."

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Oppa, I want you to promise me something," I told him.

"Anything. Just ask and it's yours," he replied.

I plucked up the last of my courage and spoke with heartfelt words.

"If something happens to me... and I mean anything. I want you to completely forget me."

"What!?" He yelled, sitting up.

I sat up with him and held his warm hands tightly.

"Don't cry over me. I don't know what will happen to me. I might disappear forever. I want you to forget I was even in your life. I want you to live happily and successfully."

TaeHyung was speechless. I could tell that he wanted to argue with me but the sincerity in my words made him hesitate.

I opened my arms out for a hug and TaeHyung's body automatically levitated to mine. I held him in my embrace and he held me in his.

This felt like a goodbye forever. It hurt, but I knew it had to be done. This is how our story is supposed to end.
—————————————-
🧚🏻‍♀️
Bippity Boppity Boo!

The clock has struck 12•••