Ride Home

Recap:

Ah... the temptation to kiss him... AHH NO WHAT AM I THINKINGGG???

I quickly regain my sanity and pull myself up out of his lap. Standing, I said, "Looks like the sun set... we should head home!" My face was definitely bright red now... I was hoping the the sky was dark enough for him not to notice.

——————————

"Okay... I guess we should head back. It'll take a few hours..." he sounded a bit sad. I looked back at him. He looked disappointed as he picked up one side the blanket.

How can even that face be so cute? I ran to the other side of the blanket and picked it up. We folded it together, getting closer with every fold. Eventually, we  got close enough to touch.

When his fingers touched mine, I pulled my hands back. "A—Aaaah I'll head to the car!" I picked up the picnic basket and made my way back to the car, speed walking.

I carefully placed the basket in the trunk and sat in the passenger seat. This time, I made sure to put my seatbelt on before TaeHyung could.

TaeHyung joined me in the car after a second. "Asssaaa, let's go!" He said. His expression was lighter now. I wonder what cheered him up...

He caught me staring at him and I panicked and turned my head the other way. Why am I acting like this??

My heart was beating so fast. I needed to calm myself down. In medical school, we learned a really effective way to calm yourself down before a surgery.

Breathe in for 10 seconds, hold it for 7 and let it out constantly through your mouth for 8.

I did it until I felt my heartbeat calm down. I didn't realize I did it enough to put me to sleep...

I woke up to the sound of TaeHyung singing. He wasn't singing loud, my heart just started beating faster when I heard his voice and it sprung me awake.

He didn't notice that I was awake. His eyes were fixed on the road and the only light in the car was the lamppost lights that shone in as we passed them.

Without moving an inch, I looked up at his soft silhouette. His lips moved as he sung every word. He was singing in Korean, so I couldn't understand. The language barrier didn't make the song any less beautiful. His deep voice pierced my heart. I wanted to listen to this forever.

I closed my eyes, my heartbeat moved to the rhythm of his song now. It calmed me, sending me gently into a deep sleep.

When I woke up, the car was parked. My seat was leaned back. TaeHyung's seat was also leaned back. At the same level as mine. His seatbelt was off and he was facing me. He was fast asleep. His head rested on his arm. His eyebrows were scrunched together and his mouth slightly open.

His face moved. He must be having a bad dream... I put my finger against his forehead between his eyebrows and pulled up, separating them.

His face looked a lot calmer now. I had done my good deed in the world. I turned towards him in my seat and rested my head on my arm the same way he did.

I took a closer look at his features. He had light freckles and moles. A mole under his eye, his nose and his mouth. They only added to his attractiveness. How did such a delicate man find me?

I wanted to know more about him. The story that the public didn't know. I wanted to know him. The real him. His cute side, his happy side, his serious side, EVERY side!

I've never had my heart beat this way for anyone before. Even in school and at work, no man could make me nervous with just a touch of a finger.

Do I like him? Is that even a question? Of course I like him... I've fallen deep into his ocean of charms. Ah but he's a famous star... why would he even look in my direction? He definitely thinks of us as just friends.

I don't want to ruin this... I closed my eyes, and fell asleep again.

————————————
[EXTRA SCENE]
"Lullaby" TaeHyung POV

She got mad when I told her my heart beats fast for her... she must not like me...

I got up and started folding the blanket. MoonByul rushed over and picked up the other end. The blanket slanted since I was much taller than her.

Her small hands folded two sides together. The wind blew against her hair, revealing her shy pink cheeks. He held her head down, hoping I wouldn't see them.

As we folded, she came closer and closer to me. Her scent hit me. The refreshing scent of flowers made it so hard to resist the urge to hold her tight.

Our hands slightly touched as she handed me her side of the sheets.

"A—Aaaah I'll head to the car!" She said, stuttering her words. She stumbled her way to my car and put the basket in the trunk.

Maybe she does like me... if she doesn't.... Watch out MoonByul, I'm coming for your heart.

I put the blanket in the trunk, closed it and sat in the car.

"Asssaaa, let's go!" I said, trying to make it less awkward in the car. When I looked over at her, she was staring at me with her big doe eyes. When I met them, she quickly turned her head towards the window.

I couldn't stop a little smile from forming. She was so cute. After a few minutes on the road, when I looked over at her, she was already asleep. It was barely 8:30... how can she be tired already?

Her sleeping face looked so innocent and vulnerable... it reminded me of a song I haven't sung in a long time. Hug Me.

I started humming it, as a form of self-control and eventually word out the lyrics. I sing softly so I don't wake MoonByul up by accident.

Eventually, after a few hours, we reached BigHit. MoonByul was still asleep. She looked uncomfortable sleeping in an upright position. I unbuckled her seatbelt quietly and I leaned over her to bring it back, making sure it didn't make a single peep. I used the levers on the side of her seat to slowly lower the seat.

I sat back down in my seat and lowered mine too. I turned to look at her. I explored her facial details.  She had moles on her face. Two were together, under her eyebrows, above her eyes. She had one like mine, under her lip. There was one along her jawline, and another, hiding on her neck, under her long hair.

They say it's good luck to kiss a mole... I wanted to kiss all of hers. But I won't... I need to control myself. I put my arm under my head and slowly drift to sleep while studying MoonByul's moonlit features.

[END]
———————————