His love

AHHH today is Hero's anniversary, this is the day where he got married and when this ship became offical and canon in my headcanon, so I'm doing this anniversary special for him and well you guys as well. Ahhhhh I just love Hero, #Heroisbestdad

___________________________

It didn't take everyone to fall asleep, both his children and guest have fallen into a deep slumber and like usual the night belong to him again. The mage was at his desk reading a book while doodling in one of his empty journals, he was distracted and there was a reason why. This morning he saw a pack of wolves, they were a polite and charming back and gave bows as they passed by him. Hero was used to this, he was the guardian of the night, the speaker of the night mods, he was their hope on being accepted as living begins. But even Hero knows he can't do much and only interferes with events if he needs to, he hides his appearance to other with a simple spell of illusion of course his children know why he hides himself when they go to public places. Hero sighed deeply his wings flapping lightly, the mage looked at the picture on his desk, he reached over and looked at the photo. It was a picture that he took back in the day, a picture of something he never thought someone like him will have, a wedding.

Hero stared at the picture pondering to himself, there he saw himself he looked the same and like usual, he looked like he didn't age. He wore a silver and black suit with his wings showing, he also had a crown made of silver with dark blue gems, people call him the king of the night and he hates being called that but Hero made this acception. The crown was a gift from his friend. He held someone's hand, the women in the picture was almost the same height as him and had long brown hair that styled in curls, she wore the traditional white puffy wedding dress with a silver tiara matching his crown but what others would find odd was the wolf ears that were clearly visible on her head. A son of Notch and Irene being wed to a wolf, that was a tale many believe to be false but is true. Eldura was her name and she was the most gorgeous creature on the planet. Hero loved her with all his heart and was more than happy to find out that he was gonna be a father but all good things come to an end. When his son and daughter, Sky and Jen, were born the word spread like fire among the mobs. Many were excited that the King of the night was having children, they hoped he would pass his teachings down to his offspring. But disaster struck only two months later.

Hero doesn't know what caused it or why it happened but he territory and home were attacked, he and some others defended it with their lives but one soldier slipped through. His brave Eldura not willing to let the enemy touch her young pups went down fighting, she did managed to kill the enemy but her injuries were unable to be treated. She went down a mother and a hero, he was happy so see her smile before she died. After that Hero did his best to raise his children and he thinks he did a good job as a single father, he did his best to teach them the skills they need to survive in this life. Jen was talented in magic and Sky like his uncle took up the sword, magic was never his strong suit but he at least managed to pick up a few magic spells. But when they grew older their relationship seemed to warver a bit, when Jen found a husband and Hero allowed them to get married he allowed her to go live with the love of her life. Hero tried to tell Sky that it is his duty to look after the night and take his fathers crown but the stubborn child didn't want any of that. Saying he doesn't want to be bound by the night and that he won't be doing this, this only lead to fighting and soon Sky took the drastic measure of running away.

Hero didn't bother chasing after him knowing how his son is and if he doesn't want to be found, he won't be found. Though he did find his son's actions childish he has to remember that Sky feels as pressured as him, to care for a large nation of the night, yet why adondon the night for the day.

Hero sighed deeply and put the picture face down on his desk, he can no longer look at this. It makes him sick to just look at it, the only picture he has of his beloved wife. Hero knew it was his fault she died, he wasn't fast enough to get to her and his widespread influences only made his family a target to others. But he was glad many don't know that Jen and Sky are his offspring the only sign that they are related to him are the wings they inherited from him but many don't know that, they think the gods gave them those wings after the battle of Scatetly. Jen's wings are similar to his, brown and silver feathers while Sky had pure golden wings and he did inherit his father's eyes but they were a pure gold, that's why he wore those sunglasses of his.