One

Hi! I'm very excited to be writing this, and I hope you all enjoy. It'll also be on wattpad, along with my first fic, so ya'll can check that out if you wanna. Anyway, I hope this is actually something you can enjoy?? I dunno tbh, will be updating regularly!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newt trudged up the cold, grey stairs, clutching his files and laptop close to his chest. He almost lost his balance a few times, and without a hand spare to cling to the smooth metal pole running up the length of the stairs, he had to stop to regain his footing. Eventually though, he made it to the top of the stairs, blowing a few strands of blond hair out of his eyes, with a huff. Pushing open the door, he headed toward his desk, drinking in the familiar sight.

People were running about, passing files between each other. He watched as Gally pointed to something on a computer screen, showing Frypan who was bent over his shoulder. A look of confusion and consideration passed through the mans eyes, before he murmured something back to Gally and zoomed into something. Then Newt passed Winston and Zart, who had a file in-between the two of them, holding it between their two thumbs. Winston asked something about external bleeding, and Zart answered back curtly, nodding toward a note stuck hastily in the card folder. The blond walked past Harriet and his sister Sonya, who often visited her girlfriend at work, also sometimes making time for her older brother. They were stood with Aris, coffee sending warmth down their spines in the chilly morning air. The blond girl offered a grin at Newt, who rolled his eyes back at her and headed toward his desk.

When he finally got there, he pulled open a drawer with his foot, dumping the files he was carrying in it before placing down his laptop. Newt wasn't the most organised person, folders and coffee stains littering his desk surface, post-it notes and pens scattered everywhere. He didn't really mind though, as long as it got the job done, what was the harm in it being a little untidy. He brushed off some crumbs from his seat, and collapsed into it with a sigh. It wasn't even eight in the morning yet, and he was already exhausted.

The man felt a hand clamp down on his shoulder and a coffee be placed into the darkest circle of stain, where coffee cups had resided most frequently.

"Better be black Minho. I need a strong one today." He grumbled, leaning forward to take up the cup as the hand left his shoulder. Minho sat next to him, at his own desk, chuckling slightly. His best friend was a little shorter than he was, but with huge biceps and a rock hard chest. His raven hair stood up from his head, which Newt often teased him about, telling him that there was probably so much gel in it, the structure was probably rock hard. He was of asian descent, with an aura about him. He swaggered everywhere he went, eyes teasing when they wanted to be, wrapped up in so many layers of mischief, it was almost impossible to tell what he was going to do next. The eyes could also turn dark and serious, often when working on a case. The man took his job very seriously, probably one of the only things he could manage to pull a straight face at.

"Oh I can tell, you look like shit." His friend scoffed. Newt just shot him a glare, as a girl came bouncing toward them. It was Minho's partner, Brenda. The two had worked together for about a year now, and they worked flawlessly. It had taken the man about two months to find the best person to work with, and Newt had to admit, she was the perfect colleague for him.

She had darker skin, with a short, straight bob of hair which bounced as she walked. She was smaller in build than Minho, but strode everywhere like she ran the place. Which she kind of did. The director of the detective branch in which they all worked in, was a man called Jorge. Brenda was his adopted daughter, and used it to her advantage. With the same mischievous glint in her eyes as the asian, she could twist people around her little finger, just with a small smirk. She and Minho got on like a house on fire, getting to the point where their minds seemed to work as one when they were working, and they could plan a prank with just a look when they were on their break. Newt made sure to be wary the two when they were together, as he was usually the one who got the butt end of their stupid practical jokes.