Twelve

Thomas drummed his thumbs on the steering wheel. He didn't know why he was so nervous, it was jut Newt. They were only spending the day together, and it wasn't even like they were alone. He glanced back into the backseats of his car, smiling at his beaming brother.

Chuck was thirteen. He had crazy, curly hair, that framed his pudgy cheeks and smile that could light up an entire room. His dark eyes resembled Thomas's, but with more innocence and wonder about the world. He was the type of boy who found everything interesting, and everything amazing. He looked up to his bigger brother like he was a God. He'd do anything to be like Thomas, often copying his stance and mannerisms. Thomas loved him more than life itself, doing anything and everything he could to make sure Chuck was happy and safe.

"Is he gonna come out?" Chuck asked, eyes sparkling. Thomas swallowed his nerves and shot a grin at his brother.

"Course he is. Give him another minute." He squeezed the steering wheel.

"Why did we park across the street? Couldn't we just park in his drive?" Chuck frowned. Thomas bit his lip.

"Newt..likes the exercise." he shrugged. The truth was, Newt had asked him to park a little away from his house, not wanting Mark to see him getting into someone else car. As if on cue, the blond emerged from his house. Thomas watched him take a long, shaky breath, leaning against his door and rubbing his eyes with the backs of his hands, before pushing himself off of it and spotting Thomas's car. He grinned at it and began to limp toward him.

"He looks cool!" Chuck grinned from the back seat, making Thomas roll his eyes fondly. "Hey T?"

"mm?"

"Do you have a crush on him?" He asked. Thomas blinked and turned to him.

"What?"

"Do you have a crush on him?"

"Why would you ask that?" He laughed, probably a little too nervously.

"Well, he's attractive and you talk about him all the time, I just wondered." Chuck shrugged, watching Newt intently.

"I-" Newt opened the door and Thomas caught his tongue. "Hey Newt!" He laughed as the blond sat next to him and closed the door.

"Hey Tommy." he beamed, Thomas feeling Chuck's smirk on the back of his head, picking up on the nickname.

"Chuck, this is Newt." he shot the boy a glare as he smiled at the blond. Newt smiled back at him.

"Hi"

"Hey!" Chuck squeaked, "I've heard a lot about you." he grinned, Newt raising an eyebrow in Thomas's direction.

"Have you now? What have you heard?"

"T talks about you all the time. He's always going on about 'what Newt did' or 'what Newt said.' It's funny." he laughed softly, making the brit chuckle.

"You ask, you're the one obsessed." Thomas glowered at his younger brother, earning a soft arm smack from Newt as he pulled on his seatbelt.

"Boys, boys, no need to fight."

-

Thomas watched as Newt let Chuck win at a game of air hockey. The blond groaned in defeat, as his brother beamed in pride.

"Ha. Three to one, loser." he stuck his tongue out at the blond, who pouted and motioned to Thomas.

"Go on Tommy, your turn to get owned." he patted Thomas's shoulder as he passed. The american grabbed the puck and started up the game, slotting the coin into the slot. The multi coloured lights in the dark arcade gave the three a soft, rainbow glow, and 'damn, has Newt always looked that good? Wait what.'