Thirty

The walk back to Thomas's apartment after Newt got let out of the hospital, was an odd one. They held hands and walked together, shoving each others shoulders every opportunity that they had. Newt's hands weren't how Thomas had imagined. They were firm and large, yet soft and seemed to never get sweaty. The brunette decided he liked them.

A shove pulled him from his thoughts, and he looked up to see that they were in the building. He met Newt's eye, and saw anxiousness and anticipation. He could only imagine that that was what he looked like too. The American just grinned and pulled the Brit into the elevator. Pushing down the right button, he turned back to Newt, who came closer.

"Tommy?" He asked, wrapping his arms around Thomas's neck and pulling him closer still.

"Yeah?" Subconsciously, He snaked his arms around the blonds waist and pulled him close so that their bodies became pressed together.

"How long have you been madly in love with me?" The blond overexagerately sighed like it was a nuisance, making Thomas roll his eyes and laugh.

"Well, ever since I laid eyes on you your majesty." He replied in the same tone.

"Well you're not the first." The blond waved him off and stepped out of the elevator after it dinged and slid open. Thomas followed. "How do you expect to win my heart, when so many people are already trying?" The Brit asked, leaning againts the apartment door.

"Well" Thomas unlocked the door, all worry about the situation gone, and opened it. Newt fell backward but the American caught him and pulled him close. "I will save you from danger."

Newt snorted and rolled his eyes, sauntering into the home, followed by it's owner. Thomas wandered to the fridge, the blond placing himself on the couch to watch the birds fly in the susnset.

"Want anything to drink?" Thomas asked. The Brit gave him a look.

"Gone off drinking for a while. Plus why do you want too? Anyone would think you're trying to forget tonight" he accused teasingly.

"Oh I am. I do not look forward to kissing you, at all." The brunette snorted, downing a beer.

"Well clearly not, cuz you haven't come over here and done it yet." The blond challenged. Thomas put down his beer and made his way over to the blond. "God I really am the brains of this operation aren't I?" Newt scoffed, standing up from the couch.

"You wish. You're the cripple. You make the office diverse." Thomas pulled him closer by his waist again.

"Gee, thanks. Really makes me feel special" arms around the neck once again.

"You are special" Thomas murmured, leaning forward. Newt closed the gap between their lips, and they both immediately sank into eachother.

Thomas had imagined the scenario a lot. It panned out different every time he imagined it, but Newt's lips were always the same. And it was almost exactly how he'd imagined. The blonds lips were slightly chapped, due to the lack of water when he'd been unconscious for three days. He tasted of coffee, despite the fact he hadn't had any, and chocolate, caffeine making Thomas buzz and his lips tingle. The kiss was soft, and sweet and as they pulled away, Newt let out a soft sigh, that fell into Thomas's lips.

They watched each other's eyes for a moment, trying to figure out what the other was thinking, before the brunette pulled him closer by the waist and closed the gap between them again.

-

Thomas ended up on his back, with Newt on top of him.

"Jesus you're light." He commented, holding the blonds hips as he pouted.

"Yeah well, I'm taller."

"I'm stronger."

"I'm older." The blond grinned in victory, before Thomas pushed one leg up, over the blond, pinning him to the bed.

"I'm on top of you." He shrugged. Newt huffed.

"That doesn't account for anything." He retorted, tugging on Thomas's shirt. The brunette wriggled out of it, and nodded.

"I still win." He decided, helping the blond tug off his own shirt.

"You're insufferable" The Brit glared at him.

"And you love me so, sacrifices have to be made" he shrugged, leaning down to Newt's neck. "At least I'm better than Mark." He murmured against it, feeling the blond shiver at the contact, much to his delight.

"Ew can we not talk about Mark when we're about to fuck?" He whined.

"Sure. Bet he was shit in bed anyway." Thomas scoffed softly into the blonds jaw.

"Faked it every time."

"Oh so no pressure on me then."

"Not really. It doesn't take much to be better than him." Newt snorted.

"Good to know" Thomas laughed softly, trailing kisses down the blonds neck. "Newt?"

"Yes Tommy?" He sighed. Always asking questions.

"Can we get fish and chips tomorrow night?" He asked. The blond burst into soft laughter, making Thomas chuckle.

"Wow, that's the least erotic thing you've ever said, and you once told me that Chuck took a mammoth shit in a bush your mum was growing."

"So you're saying that the Chuck doing that is more eortic?" Thomas raised an eyebrow.

"Definitely, that really gets me going." Newt deadpanned. Thomas hummed into the blonds skin.

"Ew now I'm thinking about Chuck"

"just think about fish and chips" Newt waved him off.

"Or you know, I could think about you"

"yeah, that too." There was a pause.

"Newt?"

"Yes Tommy?"

"Can we get fish and chips?"

-

Thomas lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Newt had his head nestled in the crook of the brunnettes neck, one arm draped across his chest. He was dozing lightly, every now and then nosing at Thomas's neck, seemingly subconsciously checking if he was still there. Thomas ran his hands through the blond hair, other fingers gently trailing up and down the skin of Newt's arm.

Thomas looked down at the Brit and smiled. He was glad Newt was safe. He was glad Newt was happier. He was glad Newt was healing. He was glad Newt was with him there. He was glad Newt was his.

"Newt?" He murmured.

"mm?" The blond didn't even open his eyes.l

"I'm glad you're alive."

"I'm glad I'm alive too Tommy."