Thirty-two

Thomas and Newt burst into the office, skidding their way to Brenda and Minho who were once again, peering over the map on the tablet. Brenda glanced up at the two men coming in and high speed.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" She chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest. Minho kept his focused gaze on the tablet, sparing the two a glance. Thomas was out of breath, having ran the whole way there. He bent double, heaving for breath. His partner collapsed into a chair and shoved off one boot to roll his foot.

"W..we...we have news.." Thomas gasped, heart pounding and legs whining. Gently pulling out the photo, he handed it to Brenda. "J..janson a..a..and Paige were b..buis...ness partners...p..Paige inc..a..an...and WCKD..linked p..perhalps.." He panted, sinking into his chair.

"Holy shit." Minho breathed.

"Well. We actually have news too." Brenda put the photo aside and chewed nervously on her lip. Thomas swallowed and watched her face for any signs of wether it was good news or bad bews.

"Go on Then." Newt pressed the matter. Brenda sighed and pulled up a website on the computer sat next to them.

"This is a website about her. We had to dig deep to find this one, but everything checks out so I think it's real." She explained before reading aloud, "Paige owns two companys, one, The Medical Society, founded in 1997, and another, Paige Incoporated, that was founded in 1999. TMS deals with medicine and disrubution, however not much is know about Paige Inc, as Paige seems to keep it under wraps, and focuses almost all of her time on TMS"

"Oh my god." Newt breathed. Minho put the tablet down and spoke for the first time, stern face on. But Thomas couldn't listen. All he could hear was the ringing of anxiousness and excitement in his ears. They were so close. Closer than they'd ever been before, to finding Teresa. Teresa.

"Tom?" The two strolled, bare foot in a meadow, watching the bees and the listening to the crickets. She interlaced her fingers with his. "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can Ter'." He smiled at her, placing a small daisy behind her ear.

"And you won't judge me?"

"I'd never."

"Well..it's just.." she swallowed at the ground. "I know, I know we didn't work out in high school, and I get why we ended things. But..but I can't stop thinking about you Tom. I'm in love with you." She whispered. Thomas stopped. Guilt speared at his stomach. She didn't know what he knew. She didn't know. He gave her a small smile.

"Well, that's ok."

"You don't feel the same way?" She whispered, pale eyes grown wide. Thomas licked his lips nervously and fiddled with a piece of grass lacing around his fingers.

"I..I'm...uh..I.." he stopped for a moment to think. Did he love Teresa? Well, What was there not to love? She was sweet and funny and beautiful and kind and smart. He certainly admired her, and her ability to find beauty in everything, but was he in love with her? He didn't know. "I don't know. I..I think I might be..b..but I don't know. Could you..could you give me some time?" He asked quietly. Then his mind flipped back to Brenda. She'd been pining after Teresa ever since graduation, and Thomas had tried to get them together, over and over again. But Teresa was too oblivious and Brenda was too scared.

Teresa squeaked happily and kissed his cheek. Thomas got the sinking feeling that this wasn't going to end well.

Thomas blinked. He was met by the dark chocolate eyes. He frowned at himself. 'Is thinking about Teresa confessing to me wrong now that I have Newt? I mean, it wasn't like I actually loved her or anything..right?'

"Are you Alright Tommy?" The blond murmured.

"If the two of them go anywhere together then we can clarify it as a joint effort and slap some cuffs on 'em." He heard Minho say. 'Is it wrong? No, because I love Newt now. Not Teresa. I'll make sure Newt knows how much I love him. I'm not loosing him again.'

Thomas leant forward, and kissed the blond softly. Minho stopped in the middle of sassing Brenda to blink at the two. Newt wrapped his arms around Thomas's neck as his back soon found the desk. The brunette gently ran his hands over the brits skin. 'I'm not going to loose him. He's mine and I'm not loosing him. The thought of anyone kissing him, touching him, looking at him drives me mad so no. He is mine and I'm not loosing him. Not now and not ever.'

He broke away with a soft exhale. Newt just gazed at him with his lips slightly parted, running a hand through the dark head of hair.

"What was that about?" He murmured, unaware of the fact that seemingly the whole office had stopped to stare at the two.

"I just had a thought about loosing you. It just freaked me out."

"I'm not going anywhere though."

"Hell no you're not. I won't let you for starters." They broke apart and the entire office was silent. They stared at the two for a second, and then erupted. Cheers and whistles and questions were thrown their way, and Newt just rolled his eyes and gave them the finger. Thomas snorted as he recieved a hand on the shoulder from Minho and a smack round the head from Brenda.

"Ow!"

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"it happened last night!"

"Ooo what happened last night?" Minho piped up, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Two busy getting laid to send me a text?" Brenda challenged.

"You've really put your foot in it now Tommy." Newt scoffed, going back to his work.

"Don't think you're getting off free either!" Minho smacked the blonds arm, earning a glare back.

"I don't have to tell you anything!" The two began to squabble, and Thomas leant back, taking in the scene around them. He liked it here.