Fifteen

Newt woke up in a soft, comfortable bed. He felt content and safe, and the rich smell of pancakes was drifting through his nose. He hadn't felt that good in a while. The blond lay in bed for a while, texting his sister about what had happened the day before and where he was staying. Newt began to hear music as he woke up more. Not only that, but he could hear singing. Thomas was singing quite loudly. Newt left his phone on the bedside table and listened for a while. Thomas was singing 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA, loudly in the kitchen, and Newt was surprised to find that he was actually good. He scoffed slightly at the obscure choice of song, but hey, who didn't like a bit of ABBA in the morning?

He slipped out into the kitchen, and froze, a steady blush rising to his cheeks. Thomas was singing, and flipping pancakes, whilst shirtless. His hair was tousled from the shower and good god, Newt had never noticed the size of his muscles before. His chest looked like it could break anything in two that tried to hit it. Newt wanted to scream and run away, wondering to himself why he'd never actually taken the time to notice how attractive Thomas actually was. 'wait what. Newt what the hell. You've seen Minho shirtless plenty of times, get over yourself."

"Oh, morning sleepyhead." Thomas scoffed, showing no shame over his singing. Newt shook his weird epiphany away and sat at the island. "You slept for ages."

"And I would have slept for longer if I hadn't have been awoken by some klunk singing." he smirked back, Thomas throwing an over exaggerated hurt look back his way.

"That's mean, I thought I could be the next Elvis." he slid a plate of pancakes toward Newt, who covered them in syrup and took a bite.

"Your singing was great, but holy shit, you could be the next Gordon Ramsey." he grinned through his pancake filled mouth. Thomas rolled his eyes and sat next to him.

"I'm pretty sure all you're tasting is syrup. I mean seriously, how can anyone have that sweet of a tooth?" He nodded towards Newt's pancakes, syrup flooding off all sides.

"I like sweet things. It contrasts my mood." Newt snorted. Thomas put some sugar on his own pancakes and took a bite.

"That reminds me, do you have all your medication and shit?"

"Most of it's at the office, but I need to go get some more soon." Newt nodded at his food. "So ABBA huh?" he met Thomas's gaze with a smirk. He shrugged.

"What can I tell ya, I'm a sucker for Mamma Mia."

"That's the gayest thing you've ever said."

-

To Newt's disappointment, but also relief, Thomas eventually put a shirt on, and started doing some paperwork on his couch. Newt had a shower and went into the living room.

"I'm gonna go see Mrs N and the doggies." he decided. The brunette glanced over his shoulder at his friend.

"Can I come?! If you don't mind of course, it's just, this is mind-numbingly boring." Newt scoffed and nodded.

"Sure, why not. I'm sure Mrs N wouldn't mind the extra company." Thomas grinned excitably. "Let me just get changed first."

"I thought you just had a shower?" Thomas frowned.

"I did, but now I need to get changed to look somewhat presentable for the outside world." Newt scoffed, turning on his heel, making a mental note to pick up his medication from the offices on their way back.

"Jeez"

"Leave me alone I'm gay, I like fashion." Newt snorted.

"I wouldn't take you as one for fashion though." Thomas stood up and stretched.