Share a bed? Hell no, I'm sleeping on the floor.

Remus woke up again later that day. It was around noon, judging by how bright the car was and how long he had been asleep for. He got out of Sirius' lap —when did he sleep in Sirius's lap— and looked around the car.

"Back from the dead there, I see." Sirius teased. He smirked, and looked over at Remus.

"Don't act like you didn't fall asleep, Sirius." Lily said from the passenger seat. Remus got a closer look at Sirius, there were small indents on his face, probably from the car seat or his jacket. Remus smiled to himself, it, for whatever strange reason, made him happy that he wasn't the only one who fell asleep. Guess it made him feel less weird or something.

"Anyway, what's for lunch?" Remus asked. A bag of something hit his head, he reached back and picked up a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos that Peter had tossed at him. Remus shrugged, and opened the small single-serve bag, and ate a chip. Sirius grabbed a chip out of Remus's bag. "Get your own chips." Remus complained.

"I had my own chips. I ate all of them." Sirius said, and shrugged, biting down on the Dorito.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have ate all of them." Remus argued, and put the chips to his right, away from Sirius. He grabbed another one, ignoring Sirius's frown.

A song started playing on the radio, one all of them certainly knew.

Sirius started playing air guitar with Remus, and Peter patted the seat in front of them, as if he was playing the drums.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you." The four boys sang, while Lily looked at them, slightly confused, but smiling.

"And all the things you do. And they were all yellow." The four of them sang. "I came along, I wrote a song for you, and all the things you do, and it was called yellow."

Lily rolled her eyes, but joined in for the next verse. "So then I took my turn, oh what a thing to have done, and it was all yellow."

They rolled down the windows, turned the volume up, and started singing at the top of their lungs along to the song that started it all. "Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones, turn into, something beautiful, you know, you know I love you so," They all stopped to take a breath, before yelling out, "You know I love you so."

It was one of those times where you knew that you would remember it, like taking a photo that you'd keep forever. A snapshot of life, if you will. Remus saw Lily take a photo of the four of them with her phone, and they kept speeding down the highway heading south, windows open, music blaring, and not a care in the world. Freedom and summer ran through the air, like someone's laughter or the music blaring out of the radio.

~~~

The car pulled into the cheap motel right as the sky started to get darker. The motel was a yellowish color, and all the walkways were outdoors, which was probably terrible in the winter. Remus grabbed his suitcase, as everyone else grabbed theirs, and they started heading over towards the check-in room.

"How many rooms?" The girl at the front desk of the motel asked as they pushed the front door open. Remus recalled the prices, which was around eighty dollars a night. Kind of expensive, but if they had stopped in DC it would have probably been around double that. They were only staying, barely even a night, anyway.

"Uhh, we can all fit in one, right?" James asked, looking back at the other three Marauders and Lily.

"I think so." Lily replied, and Remus along with everyone else nodded.

They got a key and headed outside, where the the key to room number fourteen was, and James opened the door. "Here we go, room sweet room." He joked, set his suitcase to the side, and flopped on one of the white beds. "Ahh, that's good. Nothin' like laying in bed after a long day."