It's finally Halloween! (Even though this is published in August!)

I would post the Halloween special on Halloween, but then the timelines wouldn't line up and that would bother me. This one isn't really that plot-relevant, so you can skip it and just read it when it's actually Halloween and not August.

Quick question though: do you guys just not feel like doing the cover contest or do you need more time? It's perfectly fine if you don't want to do it, just tell me so I can make my own cover.

Halloween Evening, 2018. The sun was just about to set, and there was slight chaos throughout the Marauder's home as they prepared their house and themselves for a Halloween party.

Remus glanced at the costume draped over the bed. They weren't going to go trick-or-treating, despite how much Peter wanted to—"But it's Halloween, Moony!"—he didn't seem to care that they were grown-ass adults. Remus also had to talk Sirius out of being their 'designated animals' for Halloween.

He looked at the zombie costume, and changed out of his normal clothes and into the costume, admiring himself in the mirror. Lily's friend Marlene was going to put on some special effects makeup, since there was going to be a party at their house. His outfit consisted of a torn-up oversized flannel and ripped jeans, but with all of his scars from when he'd be clumsy as a child, and his pale skin, he looked like a zombie already.

Remus stepped outside of his room, hearing Hocus Pocus play on the television. Apparently for James it was a tradition to watch the movie on Halloween, so he had to play it. Remus heard Peter snacking on some of the candy they bought, judging by the sound of the crinking candy wrappers.

Sirius was walking upstairs, and since Remus was going downstairs, they met on the landing wedged in between the sets of stairs and the wall.

Sirius had on a black cape, those plastic fake fangs you buy at the dollar store, and black clothes underneath. His hair was tied into a ponytail with a blood-red ribbon. "Hey, Moony, watch this," Sirius started. In his best Dracula impression, he said, "I want to suck your blood."

Remus rolled his eyes but couldn't help laughing. He checked to make sure nobody was around, and gave Sirius a quick kiss, which, with Sirius' fake vampire teeth, felt a little odd, "Is that good enough?" He asked.

"Yep, thank you for the blood donation," Sirius joked, and continued heading upstairs, muttering something about hair gel for his costume.

Remus headed downstairs to see James in his wizard costume and Peter, who wasn't wearing his costume right now, since it was a ghost. Peter had forgotten that Halloween was today, so he took an old bed sheet and cut eyes into it, like in the cartoons.

"So, we're carving pumpkins for this, right?" Peter asked James.

"Yeah, we're going to do that in a moment, actually, just waiting for Pads to get his ass down here." James complained, adjusting a couple of cauldron-looking bowls full of punch.

Sirius came downstairs, the only change that Remus noticed was that his hair was now shiny. "All right, my costume's all good." He said. "Pumpkin time."

The four grabbed their pumpkins from out of the garage, and set them on the countertop. Remus grabbed knives from the knife drawer, and set them down.

The TV played that one "Come little children" song—Remus didn't know the name— from Hocus Pocus as the four of them got to work on their pumpkins. Remus took the knife and stabbed the pumpkin, carving a circle out of the top. "And this now is the worst part," He muttered to himself, preparing himself to pull all the pumpkin guts out.

"Think fast, Prongs!" Sirius yelled, and threw pumpkin guts at James. They hit him square in the face.

"I would normally fight you Pads, but I just cleaned the house, so no," James complained. By cleaned, James had meant vacuum for 0.5 seconds and put Halloween decorations everywhere. There was fake candles swinging on the fans, opposed to normal lights, cobwebs in every corner, and a whole bunch of skeleton people. One was laying on the couch, in a 'Draw me like one of your French girls' positions, which Remus wasn't surprised about in the least.