Are They All Finally Not Poor?

Remus got out of the car and started walking along the path to his door. He was tired, but since he got promoted, it's definitely been better pay. He was hoping to pay his quarter of the rent sometime within the next few months. He opened the door, "I'm alive," he yelled to everyone. He grabbed his laptop off of the bar and sat down on the couch, which, admittedly, was probably his favorite spot in the house.

He was slightly productive, typing out one letter when he heard his ridiculous boyfriend. "Moony! You're alive!" Sirius yelled, running down the stairs. He was carrying his laptop, still open. He laid across the couch, seemingly ignorant of the fact that he was covering Remus' laptop.

"Get your legs off my laptop," Remus instructed, as his legs covered the keyboard, his Google Doc having the word "omnesperibunt" written on it, thanks to Sirius.

Sirius lifted his legs up in the air, allowing Remus to put his laptop on top of Sirius' legs, instead of the other way around. Remus kept typing out a song, having five other tabs open on rhyming words and connotations of different environments and other things like that.

Remus couldn't tell, but from the sound effects, Sirius was probably playing some kind of game on his laptop. He glanced over to see a stickman running. "You aren't even playing a good quality of game," he teased.

"Hey, Fancy Pants is a blessing," Sirius protested. He looked up from his computer, "At least I'm playing a game,"

"I'm working so maybe our music career has a hope," He stated back, "While you're—" he took another glance at Sirius' screen "—attacking a giant floating pencil."

"You two argue like an old married couple, I'm surprised you didn't start dating sooner," Peter commented, boiling water to make ramen for the three of them. It would be four whenever James decided to come home. Remus must have not noticed that Peter came up from his room.

The door clicked open, causing everyone to instinctively look up. "Guys!" James said, opening the front door. He was wearing a button down shirt with nice pants, which was odd. If he was on a date with Lily he'd probably be home a lot later than seven, so that wasn't it.

"Yeah?" Remus asked. He tilted his laptop screen down slightly.

"You know that music store up in Bristol?" He asked, pointing around vaguely. He had mail in his arms, so he had to try and balance his motion with the flyers, "Well, they were hiring and I got a job!"

"That's great!" Remus responded.

"Finally! No more of you whining about bitchy customers!" Sirius joked. He looked back to his screen and pouted. Remus guessed he died in his game.

"Are you getting a discount on guitars and CD's and stuff?" Peter asked from the kitchen.

"One, yeah, it is great. Two, shut up, I don't complain that much. And three, I haven't asked," he answered. "Plus, this job pays more."

"Looks like we're all in luck with jobs recently," Remus said. He already announced to everyone that he got promoted, and Sirius just recently became the supervisor instead of a worker.

James muttered in agreement, and slapped the pile of mail down on the coffee table, "I got the mail, by the way, since I'm the only useful one around here," he said, in a tone that made him sound like Remus' mom whenever a young Remus forgot to unload the dishwasher.

"Hey!" Everyone but James yelled at the same time. Even Waffles barked like she was trying to yell at James.

Remus closed his laptop and started sifting through the mail, seeing if there was anything interesting. "Hey, guys! We got our first checks!" Remus said, holding the envelope up. He didn't know why they didn't come until now, they were from March, but at least they were here.