His Name Was Regulus

This chapter's going to get kind of dark, just warning you. Though don't worry, this book's not going to be that angsty, this is more of a humor fic.

I'm saving the angst for other books, anyway.

"So, you have any ideas for a new song?" James asked.

Remus frowned, poking the end of the pen to the corner of his mouth, "Nope, nothing." All he had on the page was the date, January 26, 2019. In reality he wrote 2018 with the 8 scribbled out and the 9 above it.

"You're the one constantly stressing how much we need to drop this album," James pointed out, sitting down on the couch next to him.

"Well, our last one only dropped 15 days ago, so I think we're fine for a while." Remus pointed out. "Hey, where'd Sirius go?" He hadn't seen Sirius all morning. He wasn't asleep, Sirius almost never slept in past eleven, even though it's a weekend. It left a bit of a knot in Remus' stomach. 

"I think he took Padfoot to the vet," James said, and shrugged, "I don't know for sure."

Remus frowned, and scratched out the lyrics on the paper. "These are all terrible," he muttered.

"Anyway, you know how you said we should do the thingie?" James asked.

"What thingie?" Remus asked. Thingie referred to a lot of, well, things.

"You know, the thingie," James snapped his fingers as he tried to come up with the word, "The mini-concert thingie," he finally decided to call it.

Padfoot stumbled in, wagging his tail as he walked into the room. "Hey, Pads!" James said, holding his arms out for Padfoot to walk into. "Guess Sirius isn't at the vet," he commented, picking up the fuzzy black puppy.  

"Yeah," Remus said, "Anyway, the show?"

"Show, that's what you called it! I found a place where we could host one, up in Boston. It's a bunch of people looking for a band to play to help a fundraiser or something."

"Great, did you tell Lily?" Remus asked. It definitely helped, the fact that Lily had pretty much become the manager for the four of them. Remus was able to focus on the actual band itself and not trying to be both the manager and the guitar player.

"Yeah, she said it's a great idea. It'll connect us more with the fans." James stated, "Plus, they're giving us money and free food."

The front door opened and Peter walked inside. "Hey, I'm back," he said, holding a bag of groceries. Padfoot walked over, probably to sniff at the food.

"Is Sirius with you? He disappeared," Remus asked.

"Nope. His bike's in the driveway, so unless he disappeared, he's here somewhere.

"Fuck, I forgot," James said, "It's the 26th." He said, and pretty much dashed for the stairs

"What's on the 26th?" Remus asked, but James didn't answer. He looked to Peter, who only shrugged in response, making the "I don't know" noise.

"Hey, buddy, you okay?" James asked, knocking on the door to Sirius' room, concern in his tone.

"Sirius?" Remus asked, heading upstairs behind James.