Next Time We'll Be Able To Make A Gay Joke From The Year Is 2080

Jeez, when even was the last time I updated? Sorry for the brief hiatus.

It was loud. Loud and chaotic and the kind of thing Remus hated. But it was New Years Eve and he was too drunk to care about how loud and chaotic it was here in a friend of James' basement.

A crowd grew around the television. The ball drop was being played on the television, but because of the crowd, all Remus could tell was that people were singing.

Maybe someday they'd be up there playing. It wasn't impossible. They could be the people playing music in front of everyone in New York. But they were just a band that started on Youtube, pretty unknown, and didn't even have an official album out.

Maybe someday. But it was a nice thought to daydream about as time ticked by slowly.

Something must've changed because everyone started to cheer. "Ten!" Everyone in the room yelled. Remus scanned the room, looking for a familiar face.

"Nine!" Over in the center of the large basement, familiar raven-black hair, pulled into a bun.

"Eight" Sirius was holding a glass of champagne loosely, half-gone, either from drinking or spilling it on others.

"Seven!" He had a drunken smile on his face, and was wearing cheap red '2019' sunglasses.

"Six!" Sirius walked closer, and so did Remus.

"Five!" The two met up, inches away from each other.

"Four!" Remus grabbed Sirius's hand, and said "Happy New Year," though, it'd be impossible to hear over the crowd.

"Three!" Sirius's sunglasses would have hidden his eyes from a distance, but they were close enough that Remus could see the outline.

"Two!" Sirius smiled, and lifted up his sunglasses. The same familiar shade of silver.

"One!" And Remus lent in for the kiss as everyone around them yelled and screamed and cheered. Glasses of champagne clinked as mostly everyone shared a toast.

"I have a speech to give!" A familiar voice yelled. Remus glanced over and saw James, standing on a table, open arms and his glasses crooked. His shirt was only half on, looking like a white wrinkled crop top.

People started to crowd around a table, probably wondering "What is this crazy man doing on a table?" Remus didn't blame them for wondering.

"Let's hope 2019 doesn't suck," James said, and jumped off the table into the crowd. The crowd cheered, and clinked glasses once again.

Remus frowned as someone's glass didn't collide with another, but instead his shirt.

Remus leaned in for a kiss, drunk and sloppy. Sirius smiled and responded well, kissing deeply. He grabbed Remus' back, and pushed him forward, kissing strongly, feeling their tongues collide.

A sharp pain on Remus' lip, but a good pain, one that Remus only wanted to push forward. It was a blur, a drunk messy blur filled with people and lights and warmth. The taste of alcohol lingered in his mouth.

Sirius' hair was soft, like a dog's long fur. Remus ran his fingers through it so much that it wasn't really combing it, just making it into more of a mess.

(ah fuck help me i can't write this shit it sounds so fake) 

They collided with the couch, Remus' back against the cushion. "You know we're in a public place, right," Remus reminded, as Sirius' hand slid into his pants, as he kissed Remus' neck.

Sirius froze, and slowly removed his hand. He pouted, but shrugged and rested his head against Remus' chest. "You're no fun, plus everyone's drunk, they don't give a shit,"