This Is Whipped Cream Theft, Sirius Will Not Stand For It

We have done it, friends. We've hit 5k. To you, it may not seem like that much, but as I'm not really one of the more popular authors, this is a huge accomplishment for me. Maybe it's not saying much, having 5000 reads on an almost 40 chapter fic, but it's a start, and I'm so thankful for all of you.

I'm hoping in the future I'll be able to feel accomplished for hitting 10, 25, 50, and maybe even 100k, but for now, this is an amazing accomplishment. Thank you.

YOU ARE APPRECIATED AND VALID I LOVE YOU ALL
NEVER FORGET THAT

"Hey, Sirius," Remus asked, peeking his head through Remus' door. (Oh how the turntables)

"What's up, Moony?" Sirius asked, turning to face Remus. He saw the paused screen of a show on his laptop. He had better not be watching Supernatural without me, Remus thought. They were almost done with the show, they were in the newer episodes that even Sirius hasn't seen yet. Remus, surprisingly, has quite enjoyed it.

"Well, one of my coworkers told me about an ice skating rink, and since we didn't do anything that special for Valentine's day, I was wondering if you'd like to go out there or something and maybe grab some dinner, just the two of us,"

"An ice skating date? Sounds good to me," Sirius said, and reached from his bed to Remus, in order to kiss him. Remus smiled and accepted the kiss.

~~~

Remus tugged at his gray scarf, readjusting it, "Two pairs of skates, please," he asked the guy at the counter, "Size 12 and 10,"

The guy handed them both a pair of ice skates. They sat down on the bench for putting on the skates, and Remus started taking off his shoes and replacing them with the skates. "I've never done this before," Remus admits as he finishes tying his skates. He used the wall to stand up, unfamiliar with the added two inches to his height. He was walking on actual knives, and it was kind of scary.

"You've never gone ice skating?" Sirius asked. Remus nodded in response, "That thought honestly baffles me, who has never gone ice skating?"

Remus watched as Sirius finished tying his shoelaces. "In my defense, I lived in Southern California all my life."

Sirius stood up, and started walking around like it was no big deal. "Don't they have those indoor skating rinks?" He asked.

"We never went, I couldn't stand the cold as a kid," Remus explains. He tries to follow Sirius, but ends up stumbling and having to use the wall for support, "Can you help me?"

"Sure, just give me a moment," Sirius said, walking back over towards Remus. He put an arm around Remus' waist, and Remus did the same, holding onto Sirius so he could walk.

They walked outside. The sun was slowly sinking below the horizon, causing there to be a faint dark blue glow over everything. Remus always liked this time of day, the dusky hour where it was hard to tell even whenever it was day or not.

Sirius opened the gate into the skating rink. It was mostly empty, except for a few kids and a couple adults. Remus stepped onto the ice, and tried to step forward. He slipped, falling onto his butt, "Fuck," he muttered to himself.

A couple of kids looked at him weirdly, like they were thinking, "Ooh, he just said fuck."

"I said frick," he corrected himself. Sirius skated over to his boyfriend and held a hand out for Remus to grab onto, and Remus pulled himself up, "Thanks," he said.