I Already Used Up Pretty Much All The Good Titles, So, Uhh, Chicken Nuggets

I kinda sorta gave up on Update week and ended up not updating for a week. Sorry.

I wish I had an ounce of musical talent so I could actually show you guys these songs.

Remus' fear must have been showing on his face, because if not, then he'd be the master of the poker face. His heart beat fast and loud like the drums that Peter was warming up on. What if I forget the notes? What if I start playing the wrong song?  He wondered to himself. He always had stage fright as a kid whenever he had to present a project to the class, but he didn't know he still had it. 

"Hey, Moony, you okay?" Sirius asked, putting a hand on Remus' shoulder.

For some reason, the hand on his shoulder almost seemed to wipe away some of the nerves he had, like a bit of sun lighting up the day. Remus gave him a staged smile, "Yeah, just kind of nervous," he admitted. He wiped his palms off onto his black jeans, which have started sweating slightly.

"Hey, this is our first concert-type performance. All we've done before this is videos. You'd be insane not to be," Sirius comforted. He smiled at Remus, which helped melt away some more of his nervousness.

"Are you?"

"Nah, of course not," Sirius said, reverting to that 'cool guy' personality that they both knew was a lie.

Remus looked at him, blinking slowly, thinking, Seriously? This is the guy I chose to date? Sometimes his brain had a point in what it thought.

"You're on in thirty seconds," One of the show organizers said. Remus nodded and took a deep breath. You've got this, he told himself

He doesn't 'got this.' 

(a/n: I don't like breaking up the chapter to put authors notes but that is an actual mood)

Remus positioned himself, forming the top right corner of the 'U' shape they were forming. Sirius was in front of him at an angle, and Peter was to their side. All four of them wore their matching leather jackets, which Amelia had her mother embroider with their names, a symbol, and 'The Marauders,' written in gold.

The symbols changed from person to person. For Remus, it was a pale gray crescent moon, with silver threads mixed in to give it a shine. Peter had a slightly darker gray silhouette of a rat, the tail curling around itself in a circle. Sirius had a large gray paw-print, which, due to his South Carolina origins, James had teased him about being the Clemson logo. James had a large pair of deer antlers, a dark gray. Remus found it funny how the jackets went in a gradient of shades based on their names, but nobody else seemed to think about it.

The black curtains pulled back, revealing a crowd. There have been larger crowds for bigger things, it wasn't like a stadium, but there was still at least a thousand people there, all who came to listen to their music. 

"How're we doing tonight?" James asked. Everyone cheered. "That didn't really answer our question," he joked. Laughter bubbled in the audience, and everyone answered "Good!"

"You guys ready?" Sirius asked, grabbing the microphone again. The audience answered, half cheering and the other half screaming "Yes!", as if to avoid confusion.

Remus could feel the sound of the drums in his chest, the beat constantly going, over and over and over. He took a couple strums of his guitar and started playing it, remembering the notes he must have gone over a million times for the past two weeks.