Two Kinds Of People: Morning People and Weak Bitches

Remus lounged across the much-smaller-than-normal couch. He imagined himself reading a book, and all of the long trips they'd take while he sat here. There was a mini-window next to the dark blue couch, which, for now, only showed the side of their front yard.

"This thing is awesome!" Sirius exclaimed as he threw his hands up. His fingers didn't even get close to touching the ceiling.

They had just gotten the trailer for their band, about the size of an RV, and had all of the necessities as well. Two beds and the couch pulled out for a third, a TV, a mini-kitchen, and a James, who was elected as the driver.

"Why didn't we get one of these things earlier?" James asked, lounging across the front seat, feet kicked up on the console..

Remus sighed, "Student loans," he reminded them.

"Right. Those little shits," he stated, and frowned, "How much did this thing cost again?" he asked, sticking his head back to look over towards everyone else.

"Pretty much our last three paychecks," he guessed. To be honest he didn't know. Lily was the one who organized them getting an RV. Mainly because their normal car didn't have enough space for all five of them, Waffles, and their instruments. Plus, this had beds, so they could keep traveling.

"But, if I did the math right, we'll be getting that money back after this mini-tour," Lily stated.

Sirius breathed a sigh of relief, "Good, cause I just splurged on a new guitar and I didn't want to have to return it," he stated.

"Ooh, let me see!" James said, sitting upright. He hopped out of the chair and started heading towards the door, and hopped out in one leap.

Peter peeked his head out of the section with the beds. "Yeah, me too!" He followed James, landing on the driveway with a little grunt.

"You two coming?" Sirius asked from outside.

Lily peeked her head out of the door, "Actually, I need to talk to him. You guys have fun," she said.

Remus took this as a cue to get off the couch. He stood up and headed towards where Lily was standing, right by the door.

She turned back around to face Remus. "So," she started. Her tone sounded like she wanted to know something, like something was up and she needed help.

Of course, just her tone of voice sent him into overthinking mode. Was she sick? Was James sick? Did they have to cancel this tour? Did they have to cancel the big tour next year? "Yeah?" Remus asked. 

"You realize that for each show we put on we'll be making tens of thousands of dollars, right?" She asked, "And we're having six different shows?"

Remus took a deep breath, "Yeah," he said, not sure what she was leading up to. He knew all of this information, he had calculated some of it on his own.

"Split between us five, we're probably going to be making fifteen to twenty thousand a piece. That's more than half your annual salary." 

"So?" He asked.

James was right. Her eyes were really green. Remus hadn't taken the time to notice before, but as she stared right at him, it was hard not to. Like the colors of the forest trail in their yard. "I'm thinking we should all quit our jobs and do this full-time," she stated.

Remus took a breath in. He had given the idea a little bit of thought when they released Unfamiliar Love all the way back in January. He had thought of the idea as a dream, a hyper-realistic dream where when you woke up, you would think you're still dreaming, but a dream nonetheless.