True Fact: Ancient Greece Was Hella Gay

His jacket hung loosely on his shoulders, one side starting to slip down. It was warm, about sixty-five degrees, which was a nice contrast to yesterday's fifty-nine. The grass in their backyard was growing a vibrant green, and most of the trees had recovered from winter. Remus was never that big of a fan of summer, but, growing up in Southern California, nobody was. But he liked the few moments before summer, just after spring, like the season's equivalent of a sunrise.

The sliding door behind him clicked open. "You doing anything out here?" Sirius asked, watching as Remus sat on the railing around the deck, a four-foot drop below him.

"Just waiting on all of you," Remus said, not bothering to turn around. He could tell it was Sirius by his voice, despite the fact that he and James sounded incredibly similar. Sirius' voice was slightly more high-pitched, and had the slightest remains of a southern accent, from growing up in South Carolina.

Sirius slapped his hands on the railing, next to Remus. "Shall I wait up here with you?" He asked, pushing himself up with his hands.

"Go ahead," Remus said. Sirius swung his leg on and the two sat on the railing. Remus gave Sirius' forehead a quick kiss, making him grin like he won the lottery.

"So, you just want to come right out, right? No lies, no deceptions, just the truth?"

"Yeah. It'll be better than lying, and then never being able to tell the truth afterward," Remus said. "Plus, it's twenty-nineteen, people are more accepting today than ever," He stated. He pondered it for a moment, "Except for maybe Ancient Greece."

"Yeah, I heard the Greeks were hella gay," Sirius said.

Remus snickered slightly at his comment, "That would be accurate."

"That would be fun, living in Ancient Greece. We could be hella gay and have a bunch of cool gods to blame our problems on,"

"Ancient Greeks had a life expectancy of about thirty-five or forty, you know," Remus commented. "We'd be middle-aged."

Sirius absentmindedly wrapped his leg around Remus'. "Well, we'd have to make the most of every day. Plus, look at the benefits! I could lay around being fanned by leaves while eating grapes."

"We're poor. We'd probably be fighting in a war right now," Remus pointed out.

Sirius pouted and leaned into Remus. "Stop raining on my parade!" he complained.

"I'm just being realistic," Remus said with a hum.

Someone shouted "No!" and before Remus could comprehend, Waffles rushed out of the door and sprinted down the back deck. She ran into the yard and started running like a maniac. If Waffles was still a tiny baby, it would have been adorable. But she was half grown now, her head sat about where Remus' knee did. As she grew, she also became smarter and faster, and more determined to run into the forest.

Sirius jumped off the railing, landing in the grass. Remus followed, trying to chase down the runaway pup. She zoomed around the trees, and if she was human, Remus would imagine that she'd be laughing like a crazy child given too much sugar.

The two of them chased her around up the deck, trying to get her back into the house. Remus was able to chase her up the deck, and Sirius blocked the other set of stairs, so she couldn't jump down again.