Prologue

Jordan ^

~ Jordan's POV ~

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes had slightly visible bags underneath and my hair was beginning to look like I hadn't bothered to comb it this morning. That's what happens when you have to work over time at a primary school whilst studying at university.

I left the bathroom of my favourite coffee shop where my best friend happens to work, which is a bonus since I get free refills. I couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped my lips as I passed the busy counter where Daisy was trying to keep up with the orders of all the tired customers coming to get their evening coffee fix. Her eyes met mine as she let out a huff. "Instead of laughing at me you could offer to help Jordan."

This caused me to laugh even more as I made my way down the small corridor towards the stairs. "Sorry Daisy, I would but I've got work to do."

She ignored me and carried on preparing drinks for the line of customers which seemed to be increasing by the second. The coffee shop where Daisy works is one of the best in London, hence why it's so busy all the time. I hardly ever see Daisy while she's working since she's constantly preparing coffee and other drinks.

Finally making it to my quiet area upstairs I sat back down and went back to studying for my finals. My finals are in three months before I graduate, which means I need to start working a lot harder if I want a good degree. Thankfully Daisy allows me to work up here in silence since no one comes up here and I won't be disturbed. I would work at home but I have siblings and anyone with siblings knows it's impossible to work productively at home.

A couple of hours later the commotion downstairs had died down, I made my way down to see someone else working behind the counter. Daisy usually finishes her shift around 7pm, the coffee shop usually closes at 9pm. Thankfully, I've always managed to leave on time, the thought of being locked in a coffee shop overnight is actually a little scary, only Daisy knows I work upstairs so no one else would think to check that area before locking up.

I left the coffee shop and drove home, already feeling exhausted from today's work. And I have to do it all over again tomorrow. Great.

"Mom I'm home." I took off my shoes and trudged into the living room to see my family all watching tv, my eyes landed on my mom and I dropped down on the couch in exhaustion, laying my head on her lap and placing my feet in my brother's lap.

"Ew Jordan." Riley pushed my feet away causing to me to lift my head and send him a glare. "Jordan you work too hard baby."

I smiled sweetly at my mom who was stroking my hair.

"I know." As you can probably tell I'm my mom's favourite. I heard a chuckle come from my dad who was sitting across the room next to my older sister Grace.

"Why don't you go and change and I'll make you some dinner." I sighed and closed my eyes. "Mom you shouldn't be doing it, send Riley to get my dinner."

My nineteen year old brother looked up from his phone to send me a glare knowing exactly what was about to happen. "Son your sister is right. You should be doing more to help your mother. Go and heat up Jordan's dinner."

My brother shook his head and stood up. "I liked it better when you weren't home."

He left the living room just as I called out to him. "I liked it better when you weren't born!"

Finally gathering up all the energy I had left I got up and tiredly made my way upstairs to my room to take off my make up and change into my comfy pyjamas. I let the scent of the food guide me towards the kitchen as my stomach rumbled. My eyes landed on a plate of lasagna waiting to be demolished by me and I smiled in content.