Chapter 12 - See You In Hell

(Jordan ^ )

~ Jordan's POV ~

"Jordan hurry up, you're taking ages! Everyone is already at the party." I resisted the urge to give Adrian a piece of my mind, he was sitting on the bed waiting for me to get ready, he's been complaining for the last 20 minutes. "No one said you had to wait for me." I glanced over at Adrian who was wearing a crisp white shirt and a black Gucci suit. His hair was styled in his usual style, he looked perfect.

"Just put your dress on so we can go already." He took his phone out whilst he waited for me to get ready. It's funny because he thinks his complaining will make me go any faster, it wasn't my fault I was so late. There was an issue with the cake that all four siblings went to sort out yesterday, it needed fixing today and because Carlotta and Mia were too busy getting ready, I had to go with Adrian to fix the problem and re-design the cake. I didn't want to but they insisted to Adrian that he wasn't good enough to go on his own. I haven't seen either of them all day which I'm glad about, I also haven't seen Antonia but I've definitely heard her. Her high pitched voice is so loud I can hear it from Adrian and I's room; which also means I have to listen to Adrian mumbling curse words directed at his ex constantly.

I slipped off my robe and stepped into my nude dress decorated with pearls. "Adrian, help me with my dress." I heard him let out a sigh and his footsteps came up behind me, one of his hands went to my hip whilst he zipped up the back of my dress. I finished the final touches to my make up and grabbed my clutch and put my heels on before we left the house. It's been around four and a half weeks since I broke my ankle, the fracture wasn't that bad so Adrian had a doctor replace my ugly cast with a thick bandage just to support it now.

"Make sure you stay with me all night, don't leave my side." I glanced over at Adrian who was driving with one hand, his other hand was resting on the middle console; he was biting his lip assessing the traffic in front of us, everything he did just caused me to become a hormonal teenage girl all over again. And I hate the man.

"Okay." He met my eyes and frowned. "I mean it Jordan, it's not safe." I rolled my eyes becoming sick of the same line over and over again. "You might aswell just kill me Adrian because everything I do isn't safe anymore." I could tell what I said pissed him off but he stayed quiet, it was probably the smart thing to do though, otherwise we would have ended up arguing.

We pulled up to the venue where Dominico's birthday party was being held. Our doors were opened for us and the valet took Adrian's keys to park his car. I linked my arm through Adrian's which was another one of his demands, we walked in together, everyone's eyes on us.

"Walk slower Adrian, my ankle is still hurting." I hadn't worn heels for ages so it was taking some getting used to especially with a healing ankle. Adrian slowed down and we made our way into the large hall, the decor was so pretty and sophisticated, I have to admit Adrian and his siblings did a pretty good job organising the whole thing. We walked through the tables towards the table where Adrian's family were sitting. On the way numerous people stopped us to speak to Adrian, I just stayed quiet unless Adrian introduced me to whoever he was speaking to. Finally we made it to the table and everyone looked up when we got there causing my grip to tighten on Adrian, I didn't like the looks I was recieving from Carlotta and Antonia.

"Oh Jordan you look so beautiful!" I turned towards Adrian's mom who had stood up to give me a hug. I gave her a smile and returned the compliment, even though all her children were in their twenties she still looked so young. Adrian and I hugged Dominico too and wished him a happy birthday.

Adrian pulled out a chair for me next to Mia; I mumbled a thank you and sat down whilst Adrian took the seat next to me. It was silent among the table for a while and I nervously looked around the room, I had no idea what I was looking for though, I was just wishing that I could be anywhere else but here. I felt a hand on mine under the table and I turned towards Adrian in confusion. He leaned closer to me and whispered so that no one else could hear what he was saying.