Chapter 21 - Stop Swearing

Enjoy this chapter!

~ Jordan's POV~

I sent Adrian a small smile when he walked into my hospital room where I had been lying for the last three days after giving birth to Leo. I was meant to be discharged the same day but I had some complications after the birth which meant I had to have an emergency operation and had to stay in hospital for a few more days. Leo stayed with me only because I had to feed him and it was the best place for him but Adrian has spent the last couple of days coming to see us whenever he could.

"How are you feeling?" I sighed tiredly as he sat down next to me, taking Leo out of the small crib next to my bed. "Tired, I just want to go home now."

Adrian nodded, his eyes staying on our sleeping son in his arms. "Are you still in pain?" I nodded and took a sip of my water. "Yeah, it's still pretty hard to move around." Adrian didn't miss the sadness and frustration in my voice but he didn't bring it up. "At least you're okay. I was so worried Jordan, I don't know what I would do without you tesoro."

"I know." He frowned at my curt response but didn't say anything else. Adrian didn't know what was going on when it all happened. I fell asleep and when I woke up I had been told that I had an operation due to excess blood loss and complications inside me where the placenta was.

"How's everything at home?" Adrian scoffed and leaned back in his chair gently, making sure to not wake Leo up. "It's dead. I miss you baby, it's not the same with out you." I forced a small smile on to my face before looking away. I wasn't in the mood to be all cute with him, not after being stuck in hospital for three days and being told I couldn't hold my own baby.

"What's wrong?" He frowned at me and gently placed Leo down in the crib before leaning forward closer towards me. He took my hand in his and kissed it while waiting for me to respond. "Nothing Adrian." He sighed in frustration and let go of my hand. "What's your problem? I haven't seen you since yesterday and all you're doing is being a moody-" He had to cut his sentence short to stop himself from saying something that would surely piss me off but it made no difference, I was already angry.

"Sorry, what? I'm the one who's been stuck here watching other people look after my baby while you just turn up for a couple of hours to hold him then you disappear." I kept my voice low while I glared at Adrian.

"That's because of the visiting times idiot." I shook my head and pointed towards the door. "Just get out." He glared at me and shook his head in frustration. "You're pathetic Jordan."

"How am I pathetic? I think I have a right to be upset Adrian. I've only held my baby once for about two minutes, I haven't held him since I gave birth to him. I can't look after him, I can't change his diaper or feed him properly he's already drinking my milk from a bottle and he's only three days old. That shouldn't have happened."

He sighed and reached over wiping the tears off my cheeks, he didn't say anything else and just sat with me quietly for a few minutes waiting for me to calm down. "I'm sorry." He shook his head at me and kissed my cheek. "I should be the one saying sorry tesoro. This whole thing is just hard as fu-"

"Don't swear Adrian." He rolled his eyes and grinned at me before leaning closer to me. "That's exactly what I've missed." He pecked my lips and mumbled against them. "I love you."

Before I could respond to him a small cry interrupted us. I frowned at Leo who was crying in the crib next to us but there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't get up because I was hooked up to all the machines and I would need help to get off the bed - so far I've only moved from my bed when it's been necessary. I'd probably get shouted at by the nurses if they saw me try.