Chapter 13 - Because Of Me

~ Jordan's POV ~

Matteo dropped to the floor just as Adrian's mom let out an ear piercing scream. I watched in shock as Adrian dropped to his knees infront of his brother, his face was pale as he stared at his brother who's eyes were fluttering open and closed.

"S-someone call an ambulance.." Mia's sentence fell on deaf ears, no one moved, all eyes on Adrian and Matteo. I stepped towards Adrian but a hand on my shoulder stopped me. I turned around to see Dominico with tears in his eyes, he shook his head at me, keeping his hand on my shoulder to stop me from moving any closer.

"Matteo... svegliati." (Wake up.) Adrian's voice was strained as he moved Matteo so that he was laying flat on his back, blood started seeping through his white dress shirt causing Mia to whimper next to me. "Matteo." Adrian shook his brother desperately trying to wake him up.

"I need to help him." I turned to Dominico but he just tightened his grip on my shoulder to stop
me from going over to Adrian; responding to me in a cold tone. "No." I felt tears well up in my eyes as I watched Adrian try to wake Matteo up. It was all my fault. Adrian accidentally shot his brother because of me, I should have kept my mouth shut.

It's my fault.

"Mia call an ambulance." Dominico spoke with calmness although his face showed just how panicked and worried he actually was. I turned my attention back to Matteo as blood began to pool around him. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to cause his mother to let out a sob.

"Adrian.." Matteo's voice was groggy and weak as he lifted his head up, finally gaining consciousness. "Matteo, just hang on. Mia is on the phone to the ambulance, it's okay." Adrian was trying to hold himself together as he sat next to his baby brother, blood had stained his hands and his white shirt but he didn't seem bothered in the slightest.

"Tell Jordan she needs to forgive me now, I did what you said. I protected her with my life." I felt my lip quiver as both their attention turned to me, Adrian turned around to look at me and extended his hand to me. I rushed over to him pulling myself out of Dominico's grip, wiping away the tears which had fallen from my eyes, I kneeled down next to Adrian and Matteo.

"Of course I forgive you." He gave me a small smile and turned to Adrian. "Are you freaking stupid? Your short temper would have killed us all." Adrian tried to glare at Matteo but instead his red eyes filled with unshed tears. "Are you stupid Matteo? You've almost killed yourself.." I placed a hand on Adrian's shoulder to comfort him just as Paola came over to us, her face was wet with tears and her eyes were blood shot.

"My baby.." She kneeled down next to Matteo on the other side of Adrian and I. "I'm fine. My arm hurts like a bitch but I'm fine." I frowned at him and reached over, I peeled his jacket away slightly to see the blood coming from his left arm.

"Adrian shot your arm."

As soon as I said this everyone sighed in relief, except Adrian who was furious. "You could have freaking told me it was your arm sei un bastardo." (You bastard.) Matteo let out a weak chuckle and looked at Adrian. "You shot me, I thought you knew."

I shook my head and wiped away my tears from my face just as the paramedics made their way into the hall. I looked around properly for the first time to see that almost everyone had left the party, probably not wanting to be involved in a possible murder. Dante and his men were no where to be seen, but I'm sure Adrian will be hearing from him soon.

"I'm gonna kill you for real Matteo." Adrian stood up and moved away to make space for the paramedics and I stood up too. He shakily ran a hand over his face and let out a deep breath. "Dad take Carlotta and Mia home, we'll be home a little later. Sorry about your party." Dominico smiled at Adrian and nodded. "Don't worry son, it's nothing like a De Mancuso party without an argument and then an ambulance." His comment caused a few chuckles to emanate from the small crowd of people left.