Chapter 24 - You Can't Hide A Gun In A Nursery

~ Jordan's POV ~

I carried Leo into our new house in Milan while he slept in my arms. I swear all he does is cry, eat and sleep - he's almost one month old now, we spent the last three and a half weeks at home in Florence. The most we've done is go out for a stroll which I made sure to do everyday - we couldn't do more because of the situation between Adrian and I and the fact that I had to recover from my surgery first. "Here." I turned towards Adrian who had his arms outstretched. "The crib is already in our room I'll put him in there to sleep." I frowned and passed Leo to him anyway. "Make sure you turn the baby monitor on. And what do you mean our room? We're not sharing, I already told you that." He just rolled his eyes and went upstairs leaving me in the hallway by the front door surrounded by numerous boxes and suitcases.

It's been a few weeks since Adrian and I last spoke properly when he told me he didn't love me. I moved out of our room in the house in Florence with Leo so I was sleeping on my own but apparently I'm sharing with Adrian again now that we're finally back in Milan. A few minutes later he came back downstairs and passed me the receiver of the baby monitor just as Matteo and Angelo came inside. "All the furniture is already where you wanted it, we've just got all the other stuff to unpack."

Adrian instructed Matteo and Angelo to start carrying some boxes upstairs depending on where the labels said they should be. I went into the huge kitchen resisting the urge to smile at the interior, it was the nicest house I've seen so far in Italy, it makes it slightly more worth moving here but I would still prefer to live in Florence.

I checked the cupboards and the fridge to see they were all empty. I did tell Angelo to make sure there was food when we got here since he and Matteo had moved back a few days before Adrian and I came back. We had to wait for our house to be ready whereas the other two just moved back to their old places since they never sold them. They always had the idea that Florence would be temporary anyway.

"We don't have any food either Adrian." He just nodded in response causing me to sigh. It was honestly so hard moving house with someone who you're not speaking to. We only respond when it's absolutely necessary otherwise it's just nods and sighs. I walked around the rest of the rooms downstairs admiring the house, it was beautiful. I was in the small cloakroom busy hanging up the jackets which had been thrown on the couch thanks to Matteo, Angelo and Adrian when I felt Adrian's phone ring in his pocket. I took it out and started walking towards the direction of his voice coming from the living room when I looked down at the caller ID, I frowned when I saw Antonia's name across the screen. My steps faltered and my thumb hovered over the answer button, I glanced around to see that no one was in sight and I clicked answer.

I held the phone against my ear listening to her high pitched voice. "Adrian baby?" I bit my lip unsure of whether to speak to her or not. "Babe? I heard you're back in Milan? You took my advice then or are you just back for more?" She chuckled to herself before speaking again. "Adrian?" Eventually she gave up and hung up. I stared at Adrian's phone beginning to put all the pieces together in my head. I made my way towards the the living room gripping the phone tightly in one hand and the baby monitor in my other.

I stopped in the doorway watching Angelo and Matteo argue about where they thought the rug should go, Adrian was sitting on the couch massaging his temples. "Put it in the middle." They both looked over at me and a smile stretched across Angelo's face. "I told you she'd prefer it in the middle." I rolled my eyes at his smug expression. "Can you guys go and get some groceries? We have no food and Adrian and I need to talk about something..." They looked between the two of us, Adrian was confused whereas I made sure my expression didn't give anything away, Angelo awkwardly cleared his throat and nodded. "Yeah." They silently left and I waited till I heard the front door close before I tossed Adrian's phone to him. He looked at it before glaring at me but I spoke before he could. "Antonia called."