Chapter 28 - Worth The Wait

~ Jordan's POV ~

"What do you mean?"

"He's started sending threats to Matteo and Angelo directed at you, he also knows your phone number." Adrian was speaking in a soft tone obviously trying not to upset me but it didn't work. "So that's why you took my phone?"

"Partly, I still don't trust you though." I frowned at him unable to hide the obvious hurt on my face, it's so nice to know your husband doesn't trust you. "You don't?" Adrian took my hand and kissed my palm. "I don't want to take any chances Jordan, I know what you're like and I can't risk you letting anything slip to your family. You know I trust you with everything else." I chose to ignore what he said and ask the other question that was on my mind since this is probably the only time he would tell me the truth.

"Is that why you slapped me then? Because you were angry about Dante?" Regret flashed through his eyes and he looked away while he nodded. "I'm so freaking Jordan. When you came in Angelo told me he could potentially try to hurt you through Leo and then you came in with such a broken expression on your face I didn't know what to think. I went back to who I was, what I know which is a violent, ruthless mob boss. As soon as it happened I regretted it, but I...I don't know."

After listening to what he said, I placed my hands on his chest to push him away from me but he didn't move. "Adrian"

"I told you not to get upset." My eyes met his and I glared at him. "I'm not going to be happy about this am I?"

"Look, I've got more guards outside and there is no way he'll find this house, I promise you that. But I can't risk you going out, it's too dangerous for now. Please just listen to me, I'm only doing it because I love you. I don't know what I would do if you got hurt because of me."

He leaned down pressing his lips to mine, at first I didn't respond but I couldn't help it, he's just too good of a kisser for me to pass up the opportunity. I ran my hands over his chest and wrapped them around his waist pulling him even closer to me as we kissed. He let out a groan when I bit his lower lip, his eyes darkening considerably. "Don't push me Jordan."

Of course I did try to push him by deepening the kiss, which he definitely enjoyed.

"You're so beautiful." I rolled my eyes and pecked his lips one more time before pushing him away.

"I look disgusting Adrian." It was true, a complete lack of sleep always leaves me looking like a mess the next morning. It takes a long time to calm down the hair and the dark circles under my eyes. I hopped off the table and walked past him feeling his eyes on me as I made my way upstairs with Adrian following closely behind me.

"Your ass is so freaking perfect." I bit lip noting the lust in his voice as he walked behind me. "Calm down Adrian, I'm going to check on Leo, we're not going to our room." I heard him mumble something to himself as we passed our room and went inside the nursery where Matteo was on the floor playing with Leo.

I dropped down next to Matteo and smiled at Leo who was lying on his tummy staring up at Adrian and I who just entered the room. "Hey baby, what you doing?" I tickled his chin causing him to let out a small squeal. I heard Adrian chuckle as he sat next to me. "He's in a better mood than yesterday, probably because he's finally getting over the stabbing you put him through." I turned to Adrian and rolled my eyes, he's clearly never going to get over that - or understand it was necessary. "Shut up." He just chuckled in response and turned back to Leo who was trying to get our attention back by babbling in his baby talk.

I stroked his head and leaned down kissing his forehead causing him to open his mouth. I tickled his chin again and made a cooing sound to him causing him to give me a small smile - his first one. I couldn't stop the huge smile that made its way onto my face at the sight of my baby boy smiling for the first time. "I knew you could do it!" I picked him up holding him infront of me as I placed random kisses all over his face causing him to squeal. I think he started to realise we loved his smile because he kept trying to do it again and again.