Chapter 30 - Apologise

~ Adrian's POV ~

We all stood in silence shocked by the sudden appearance of our sister. None of us had really spoken about her after she chose to leave with our parents after my father basically disowned me. Of course I missed her, she was my baby sister, but that makes the betrayal she showed me just that much worse.

Jordan stepped back to stand next to me while Mia came inside closing the front door behind her. "What are you doing here?" It was Carlotta that spoke first - Mia didn't just choose our parents over me, she also left Matteo and Carlotta, and Carlotta would have taken it the hardest - they were inseparable. Her cold tone lingered in the air for a few moments before Mia finally spoke.

"I came to see you...I didn't know everyone else would be here." Mia's eyes scanned over Carlotta and Matteo before landing on me. Her eyes widened at the sight of Leo in my arms who was busy staring at the unfamiliar face in the room.

"Adrian..." I shook my head and took Jordan's hand in my free one just for the comfort I knew it would give me, otherwise I would end up losing my temper while holding Leo which is something I promised Jordan I would never do.

"Non ho niente da dirti." (I have nothing to say to you.) Her face showed sadness but she quickly covered it up and nodded before shifting her eyes over to Jordan. "Congratulations Jordan, he looks exactly like both you and Adrian."

I could tell Jordan didn't really care about what Mia had to say but she was too nice to respond in the way I would have if Mia had said that to me.

"Thanks." After half heartedly thanking Mia, Jordan took Leo from me and walked back into the living room that we were just in. Matteo followed behind her clearly having nothing to say to Mia either. Like I said, she left all three of us, not just me. The other two both took it hard. Once it was just Carlotta, Mia and I, the tension in the air increased drastically.

"You have no right to come here anymore Mia. It's almost been a year since you left us, and you show up now?" Carlotta's voice had lost the caring tone she had when she spoke to us earlier, now that Mia was here she was being her cold self that she was when Jordan first came to Milan.
I rolled my eyes when Mia's eyes, which were identical to mine and Carlotta's, filled with tears. "Don't try that bullshit with us. You freaking left us. You're not one of us anymore, you chose your side."

I know my words may have been harsh, but she deserved them. The four of us always stuck together; that was what made us so strong during all the things we had to go through as De Mancuso children, but Mia didn't do that this time. She left us. "Adrian please, I'm sorry."

"Sorry? You're not sorry. You're just lonely so you came back. What was it? Did our parents finally stop treating you like a princess for leaving us?" Mia shook her head and stepped towards us. "I'm sorry for leaving you Adrian. I didn't know what to do, I know I should have stayed with you but I just panicked, they're our parents."

"You panicked? Really?" Carlotta jumped in before I could respond. "That's one thing us De Mancuso's don't do. We don't panic." She stepped towards Mia with a cold glare before lowering her voice. "And we don't betray each other."

"Carly please...I'm sorry." I sighed and shook my head at her water works which made an appearance once again. "I'm done with this Mia, thanks to your precious father I've got enough going on in my life. I don't need you, not anymore. Carlotta has managed to do the work of two sisters for Matteo and I, we're fine without you. You can go now."

And with that I turned around and went back into the living room the get what was most important to me. Leo and Jordan. Jordan's eyes met mine and although I could tell she wanted to ask if I was okay she didn't. She stood up once again gathering all of Leo's things and we made our way back to the front door with Matteo following behind us. I pressed my lips to Carlotta's forehead before whispering to her. "Dipende da te se la perdoni. Ti amo, sii al sicuro a Parigi." (It's up to you if you forgive her. I love you, be safe in Paris.)