Chapter 36 - You Just Had To Wake That Monster Up

Hey guys! Please point out any grammar errors, I hope you like this update. Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~Jordan's POV ~

"Angelo scopri cos'è successo. Se era Dante, voglio sapere esattamente come l'ha fatto, chi con e quando l'ha pianificato. Voglio sapere tutto. Sto portando giù quel figlio di puttana."
(Angelo find out what happened. If it was Dante I want to know exactly how he did it, who with and when he planned it. I want to know everything. I'm taking that son of a bitch down.)

Angelo nodded and took his phone out of his pocket to relay the message to everyone in Milan so that they could get to work.

"Mama?" My attention was taken away from Adrian's conversation when Leo tugged on my hand, I let go of Adrian's hand and bent down to talk to him. "Who are they?" I glanced over at my 'family' who were busy talking among themselves before looking back at my son. "They're family."

"No." I rose an eyebrow at Leo who frowned and looked at them again before looking over at Adrian who talking in Italian to Matteo and Angelo. "They family, they strangers." First he pointed at Adrian and then he pointed at my family, I shook my head and took his hand.

"No baby, those are papa's family. This is my family. My mama and brother and sister." I think Leo finally understood when I broke it down for him but he was still on his guard around them. That's how we taught him to be, it's sad but it had to be done. Whenever he meets someone new he can't talk to them or be friendly with them until we've said it's okay. It's too dangerous for him to talk to just any stranger that he meets - not that he ever really gets a chance to do that with all the security we have on him.

"Come on Jordan." Adrian took my hand to help me stand up straight. "Matteo will look after Leo." I nodded and sent Matteo a small smile before going into my father's room with Adrian behind me. I slowly made my way towards my father's side, my eyes roaming over his frail state. He must have been in some sort of coma because he didn't respond when I touched his hand, there was no movement apart from his chest rising and falling.

"Dad..." I held his hand in mine while staring at the man who raised me. The man who me taught me how to ride a bike and then how to drive a car, how to love and care for the people around you, the man who taught me to always be a good person and never let harm come to others. Yet here I am, three years after I walked away from him when he could die at any second. I was probably the reason for him getting hurt. I could be the reason my father could die, and there's nothing I can do about it. I couldn't even apologise to him.

I held onto his hand tightly when the dam finally burst open and tears came flooding from my eyes once again. I felt Adrian support me when I began sobbing next to my father, his arms went around my waist to hold me up. I let out all the pain I had been feeling, all the sadness and guilt that had consumed me for these last years every time I thought about my dad who I just walked out on. If he died because of me I would never be able to forgive myself. If I hadn't spoken back to Dante that night none of this would have happened.

Matteo wouldn't have gotten shot, I wouldn't have tried to kill myself and pushed Adrian right to the edge by doing so, Dante wouldn't have watched me take a bath and then threatened Adrian to hurt me, we wouldn't have had to move to Florence, Kaito wouldn't have threatened Leo. My father would never have been in this much pain, about to lose his life. If only I had kept my mouth shut for two minutes I could have saved everyone so much pain.

I cried and cried while standing at my father's beside until finally the tears slowed and then stopped. I shakily wiped my eyes and placed a kiss on his cheek before leaving the room with Adrian right next to me the whole time. We stepped outside the room and Adrian wrapped me into another hug, his scent and warmth was enough to help me calm down.