Chapter 26 - I Miss You

~ Jordan's POV ~

I smiled a wide toothy smile at Leo who just stared back at me like I was crazy. "You're going to scare him if you keep doing that tesoro."

I glared at Adrian who was laughing to himself while reading through some documents. We were currently in his office at home, I was trying to convince him to tell me what he was planning with Dante but he told me it's better if he doesn't tell me. I don't know why he would think it's better that way but oh well. "He's two months old and he hasn't smiled yet Adrian, it's not good."

"Just give him time. He's just had his shots yesterday remember, I doubt he's going to smile after that traumatic experience." I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at Leo who was on my lap. "It wasn't that bad, was it baby?" I kissed his cheek but he didn't even respond, he just continued to stare at me blankly. "You've passed on your bad genes to him Adrian."

"What?" Adrian looked at me in amusement waiting for me to elaborate. "He's got that same look you have when you're just done with life." He chuckled and stood up coming around his desk to kneel down in front of me. "He's just tired tesoro, let him do it in his own time."

I smiled down at the two of them as Adrian interacted with Leo who was staring at his father with curiosity - he seemed more interested in Adrian than he was in me. I could tell straight away from the last two months that Leo and Adrian were going to be super close when Leo got older, they already had a strong bond. There's certain things only Adrian can do, like calm Leo down when he's having a bath; if it's just me he cries and screams.

Adrian smiled at Leo and tickled him causing him to wriggle around in my lap. We were busy playing with Leo when the door to Adrian's office revealing Matteo and Angelo. Adrian stood to his feet straight away going back to his cold demeanour, he nodded at the two as they made their way over to us.

"How's my favourite nephew doing?" He took Leo off my lap and spun him around resulting in Leo frowning at him like he was crazy. "He's your only nephew Matteo, and he's fine just a little grumpy."

"Why? What did you do to him Jordan?" I frowned at his accusing tone and scowled at him defensively. "I didn't do anything! He had his shots yesterday." He glared back at me and grumbled something to himself before he kissed Leo's forehead. I rolled my eyes at his overprotectiveness and turned back to Adrian who seemed to be having a silent conversion with Angelo, and whatever it was, it didn't look good.

"What's up babe?" He glanced down at me and shook his head before going back round to his chair behind his desk. "Nothing Jordan, go upstairs." I frowned at his sudden cold tone and slowly rose from my chair. "Um...okay? Is everything okay?" He just nodded while keeping his eyes down concentrating on his desk giving me my cue to leave. I took Leo from Matteo and carried him out of the silent tense office, closing the door behind me.

"Your father is up to something baby." He just gurgled in response causing me to sigh as I walked upstairs to our room. "You're not very good at giving me any advice Leo." Instead of responding once again he just stared at me, I bet if it was Adrian who was carrying him he would have done more than that.

I can't believe I just thought that. I'm getting jealous of my husband over the attention of a two month old baby. I seriously need to get a life.

I waited for Adrian to finish his meeting with Angelo and Matteo downstairs - whatever they were talking about it seemed to be very important. I was with Leo busy trying to get him to smile for the first time, while he was laying on his tummy on the floor in the nursery when my phone rang. At the sound of the marimba ringtone Leo began to wriggle around causing me to chuckle. "You like that baby?" I stroked his hair while pressing answer and holding the phone up to my ear.