Chapter 3 - I Need Tampons

~ Jordan's POV ~

Adrian hadn't spoken to me at all since that day and like he said, I've been doing all of the housework. He did give me my phone back but made sure to reiterate that he could have my family killed at anytime so I better not tell them anything. It didn't matter that he gave me my phone back though, I wasn't ready to call my family yet. I wasn't sure of what to say to them after the way I left, I didn't even say goodbye to my brother and sister and I'm pretty sure they won't ever forgive me for that. They probably wouldn't even want to talk to me.

"Jordan." I looked up at Adrian who was busy staring at his phone, I hadn't seen him for the last two days since he's been going to 'work' before I woke up and coming home after I went to sleep.

"What?" I turned back to the tv, I was currently lying on the couch watching Stranger Things on Netflix in the living room.

"My mom will be here tomorrow so you can go get a dress." Neither of us looked at each other as we spoke, I nodded absentmindedly as I stared at the screen. "A dress for what?" He sighed and I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye. "Our wedding next week."

At the mention of the wedding my mood instantly worsened. I paused the tv and sat up to look at him properly.

"I'm not marrying you Adrian. You can force me to live with you but there's no way I'm going to marry you." He glared at me with the same cold look he first had when I met him. "You have no choice." I scoffed and stood up stepping towards him, adrenaline running through me as my anger increased. "No? You can't make me say 'I do' Adrian, you can't. There's no way I'm going to marry you and throw the rest of my life away, living here and serving you; cooking your dinner and cleaning your house. You're freaking crazy if you think I will."

His glare intensified as I spoke, I knew he was already angry about something else because earlier I heard him shouting down the phone, this just seemed to make him furious. He stepped closer to me and pushed me forcefully down on the couch.

"Do you really want to do this Jordan? You know exactly what I'm capable of." His fist was clenched whilst he spoke, I really should have kept my mouth shut but I didn't. "I know exactly what you are too. A cold, selfish bastard who's probably been so damaged you take your anger out on everyone else, you think you're so untouchable just because of your position but in reality you're nothing Adrian and I'm not scared of you."

He let out a deep chuckle and pulled a gun out of his pocket, using his other hand he grabbed me by my hair and lifted me up causing me to let out a small scream, before I could even look at him I felt the handle of the gun make contact with my jaw. He dropped me to the floor as pain erupted in my jaw and tears burned my eyes but I refused to let them fall. He kneeled down next to me and looked me in the eye. "Next time, I'll break your jaw."

His eyes held so much promise I knew better than to even respond to him, not that I physically could speak anyway. He got up and left the room and minutes later I heard the front door slam.

I slowly sat up, the tears finally falling silently down my face. It took a me a moment to get out of the daze that the hit from the gun had caused, I shakily stood up and made my way upstairs to the bathroom. I stood infront of the mirror and my eyes landed on the large purple bruise already forming on the right side of my face. I washed my face with cold water hoping it would help me calm down. After grabbing an ice pack I lay on the couch, my mind going over the events of this morning. I know I shouldn't have carried on provoking him, but he makes me so angry, and part of me doesn't want to give into him just because he tries to intimidate me.

For the rest of the day I just continued to ice the bruise on my jaw and did some random bits of housework along side watching Netflix to keep myself busy. I had just started making dinner when I heard the front door open and close, multiple voices travelling through the house causing me to frown, I hadn't expected Adrian to even be home this early never mind bring people with him. I turned up the music which was playing from my phone using the speakers in the kitchen so that I could distract myself.