Chapter 20 - Leo

~ Jordan's POV ~

5 1/2 months later

I waddled down the hallway towards the kitchen rolling my eyes at the sound of the padding feet behind me. "I'm perfectly capable of getting up in the middle of the night for water Adrian."

"Do you think I believe that? Remember what happened last time?" I gave him a sheepish smile as I filled up my glass. "Yeeeaah, oh well. At least I know if I really go into labour, you'll be down in seconds, with everyone else." Adrian gave me a flat look and sat down on a stool at the breakfast bar tiredly resting his head on it. "I don't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep."

I rolled my eyes once again from my place by the sink; I for one was wide awake.

"You won't be getting any of that until our son is at least three years old. So get used to it baby." Adrian let out a groan causing me to chuckle. "Get up, my feet are killing me." He groggily got off the stool and followed me up to our room. "You're killing me. You walk so slowly."

"Don't start an argument with me now Adrian because you won't win. I'm very pregnant and very awake, unlike you who can hardly keep his eyes open." Adrian shook his head and followed me into our room. He dropped down on the bed face first closing his eyes straight away. I lay down next to him and ran my fingers through his hair but this just caused him to crack his eyes open to look at me. "Go to sleep Adrian." He mumbled a 'no' and moved closer to me.

"I told you, I'm not letting you do these sleepless nights alone." I gave him a small smile and shook my head. "What's the point of us both being completely exhausted tomorrow? Just go to sleep honestly I'm fine. I'll wake you up if I need you."

"No tesoro." I sighed and nodded not having the energy to argue with him again. We've been having this argument for the last couple of months when our little boy started keeping me awake at night. Adrian was insistent that he would stay up with me and that he wouldn't leave me awake on my own, every night I try and convince him to go to sleep and most nights eventually does against his will. Then the next night he tries even harder to stay awake because he accidentally fell asleep the night before. It's cute but annoying at the same time.

"So." I rolled my eyes at his attempt to start a conversation. "Adrian it's 4am, go to sleep." As usual he decided to ignore me and tried to talk about something else. "The nursery is almost ready."

"Almost isn't good enough." He went quiet for a moment before trying again with another topic. "Have you thought of any names?"

"I don't sleep at night. How do you expect me to concentrate enough during the day to read through lists of names?" He knew exactly what I was doing, and it worked every time. I give him dead replies and he eventually falls asleep, any other time I would love to talk about the nursery or baby names with him; just not in the middle of the night when I know all he really wants to do is sleep.

Eventually he fell asleep and I smiled at his peaceful expression whilst running my fingers through his hair, I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, my mind going back over the last five months that we spent together.

We're still living in Florence, Tuscany because Adrian doesn't want to go back to Milan until Dante is dead and judging by the lack of action from both sides, I think we might end up living here permanently. Which I would love. I've fallen in love with everything about this place. It's so peaceful where we live, the house is isolated meaning it's so quiet, but we're only minutes away from the main part of Florence. Before I was this heavily pregnant, I dragged Adrian through all the sights in Florence. Every single one. This also meant that I dragged Carlotta, Matteo and Angelo with us too.