Chapter 9 - Ruined My Family's Reunion

~ Jordan's POV ~

The room was silent, the two brothers standing in the middle both with murderous looks on their faces. I made sure to keep my eyes on Adrian, I had no idea what would happen if I looked at Matteo, I'd probably have a panic attack or something, I hadn't forgotten the emotions and feelings of absolute fear I had when he attacked me in the dark in my own home. Something I never wanted to experience ever again.

"Get out Matteo. Now. I told you not to show your face anywhere near this family." I heard him let out an amused chuckle in response. "Like I said, it's my dad's birthday, I'm staying." Adrian shook his head and suddenly pulled out his gun aiming it at his brother. Instantly both of his parents stood to their feet. "Adrian rislasciarlo ora!" (Adrian drop it now.)

The sound of his father's booming voice caused Mia and his mom to jump slightly, eventually Adrian lowered his gun but kept it tightly in his hand.

"Someone get him out of here before I kill him!" Adrian was absolutely furious, I had never seen him this angry before. I was just as scared as his parents were but not for Matteo, I didn't want Adrian to have to live with the guilt of killing his own brother, no matter how much of a jerk Matteo was.

"Adrian calm down...please." At the sound of my voice Adrian's breathing increased and he just became even angrier. "Adrian please, let's just talk about this. Matteo is your brother." Mia had tears in her eyes as she tried to plead with Adrian who was seething staring at his brother completely ignoring everyone.

"He's not my brother. He's dead to me." Adrian's father stood between the two of his sons with confusion and anger in his eyes.
"Stop acting like a pair of idiots. Whatever happened, we discuss it, there is never violence in this house Adrian. Do I make myself clear?" The ex-mafia boss who was also known as the most powerful man in Italy at one point spoke with so much authority causing Adrian to reluctantly put his gun away and come and sit next to me.

"Are you okay?" I nodded and took his outstretched hand, he rested our joint hands on my leg whilst everyone else took a seat apart from Adrian's dad.

"Do you want to explain to me what your issue is Adrian?" Adrian tightened his grip on my hand and kept his head down refusing to answer his father. "Matteo?" I bit my lip growing more and more unrestful in this situation.

"Adrian thinks I hurt Jordan, what he doesn't know is that she came onto me, all I did was push her away and she happened to fall and break her ankle." My eyes flashed to Matteo's who was already staring at me. I just stared back at him in complete shock, unable to form any sentences.

"Jordan is that true?" Adrian's father, Dominico's voice was stern when he spoke to me. I tried to respond but nothing coherent came out of my mouth as I looked at the disgusted expressions on Adrian's parents' faces."I...he-"

"I knew you were a whore." I turned to Carlotta who was now standing next to Matteo with a viscous glare directed at me. "Shut up Carlotta it's not true. He's lying." Adrian stood up and mumbled something to Mia but I couldn't make out what he said. He pulled me up off the couch and helped me with my crutches.

"Believe what you want, just don't forget he's in the mafia, he's just as ruthless as I am and you are dad." I followed behind Adrian towards the exit, my heart beating wildly in my chest. I was completely overwhelmed by the situation, I didn't even expect Matteo to turn up never mind make up a lie like that infront of Adrian's whole family.

"Adrian stop." My husband stopped in his tracks at the sound of his mother's strained voice. "What are you saying?" Adrian turned around to face his mom with a blank expression. "What do you think?" I could tell Paola didn't want to ask the question but she did.