Chapter 8 - Sicily

~ Adrian's POV ~

"Adrian." I closed my eyes even tighter hoping Jordan would just go back to sleep, but she didn't. "Adrian!" I jumped at the sound of her voice next to my ear. "What Jordan?" I pushed her gently away from me so that I could sit up. "I'm thirsty." I resisted the urge to groan knowing my wife would just start an argument right now and I didn't fancy arguing with her at 2am, especially since she was PMSing and there was no way I would win against her.

"Don't you have water next to you?" Jordan rolled her eyes at my question. "Do you think I would wake you up if I had some next to me?" I just stayed quiet and got up to go and get her some water. It's been four weeks since she broke her ankle and she still makes me do everything for her. She even learned to use crutches weeks ago but she just doesn't like using them. Anyway, she claims since it was my fault she broke her ankle I have to do everything for her, I don't agree but I don't argue with her, it doesn't end well.

Our relationship is exactly the same as it was when we left Bangkok, basically nonexistent. We only talk when it's necessary, we don't get along at all and we argue about almost everything. I gave up trying to get her to forgive me because she didn't want to, unless she's willing to forgive me and move on from what happened herself she'll never truly get over it.

"Here." She took the glass of water, which I had got from the kitchen, without saying anything and I just got back into bed next to her. That ladies and gentleman is as far as our dialogue ever goes, she's not really the same as she was when we got married. For some reason ever since her encounter with my brother she's just become really closed off. She doesn't make the weird jokes she used to make anymore, she doesn't even call me a stupid Italian, it used to piss me off so much but I can't lie and say I don't miss it because I do. It's what made Jordan so different from all the other girls, she was never afraid to speak her mind or make her stupid jokes. Now she's just resorted to speaking to me when she really needs something or if she's seriously angry she'll have a go at me. We haven't had a normal conversation since that day we ate pizza and watched movies all day. Four weeks ago.

<<<<<<< >>>>>>> <<<<<<<

"Boss, he's in here." I nodded at one of my men who directed me through the halls towards one of the rooms. I opened the door and instantly the metallic smell of blood hit me causing a sadistic smirk to stretch across my face. I took off my suit jacket to stop it getting dirty and handed it to Angel0 who was already inside.

"Quindi sei il coraggioso bastardo che ha cercato di rubarmi?" (So you are the brave bastard that tried to steal from me?) The eyes of the man strapped to a chair in the middle of the room were half open, almost closing from the bruising he had suffered.
"Adrian per favore, mi dispiace. Lo farò per te, qualunque cosa tu voglia, lo farò." (Adrian please, I am sorry. I will make it up to you, whatever you want I will do it)

I let out a small chuckle and nodded mockingly. "Certo che ti dispiace ora. 4 settimane dopo, ho sentito che hai speso 3 milioni di euro, i miei soldi. Non ti dispiace, vero?" (Of course you are sorry now. 4 weeks later, I heard you've spent 3 million euros, my money. You weren't sorry then were you?)

Before he could answer I took out my gun and pointed it in his direction. His eyes filled with tears causing my smirk to widen, I've learned to live and thrive off the fear of people like him. Their fear is like my fuel, it makes me work harder and pushes me further.

I shot him in the knee caps, he let out a cry of agony as I stepped towards him. I held the gun against his shoulder and gave him my coldest glare. "Nessuno mi ruba e se la cava. Sei fortunato che tu abbia potuto goderti le ultime 4 settimane con i miei soldi, ma ora pagherai." (No one steals from me and gets away with it. You're lucky you got to enjoy the last 4 weeks with my money, but now you're going to pay.)