Chapter 16 - Never Good Enough To Be A De Mancuso

~ Adrian's POV ~

"I'm so fat Adrian." I rolled my eyes as my wife entered my office, without knocking, something she's been doing a lot lately. "You're beautiful Jordan." She shook her head and dropped down into the arm chair opposite my desk. "My jeans don't fit me."

"Jordan it's only been three weeks since we found out. Your bump can't possibly be that big yet." She shook her head in irritation and ran a hand through her hair. "It's not my bump, I'm bloated. Every time I eat I can't fit into my clothes Adrian. And I'm always eating!" I couldn't help but chuckle at her frustration causing her to glare at me. "Maybe you should stop eating so much."

"You don't know how it feels to be pregnant so don't give me stupid solutions. And don't laugh, you've got a flat toned stomach, I've got this." She gestured at her stomach which seemed pretty flat to me, I couldn't tell the difference between her normal self and her body now, but Jordan could definitely feel it. "What do you want me to do about it Jordan?"

"I don't know Adrian." She was silent for a while so I went back to reading through some paperwork to do with a new club I was opening soon. "Adrian." I hummed in response, my eyes running over the figures on the page in front of me.

"Can you make me some food please?" I rose an eyebrow at her sheepish tone, unable to hide the amusement on my face. "What?" I leaned back in my seat and waited for her to respond. "I'm hungry." I shook my head chuckling slightly. "I'll make you something soon, let me just finish this, Angelo needs it urgently."

She groaned and leaned back in her seat uncomfortably, I knew she was exaggerating to convince me. "That's not going to work Jordan." She sat up and glared me before getting up from her chair. "You're useless Adrian."

"Give me ten minutes tesoro." I gestured to her to sit back down which she did and she took out her phone to pass the time whilst I finished checking over all the numbers making sure it all added up. I had people do this for me before and they took the opportunity to steal from me, let's just say they didn't live for very long; now I only trust myself to do it.

My attention was taken away from checking that all the costs for the club added up when my phone rang. "Hello?" I listened to the person on the phone whilst I typed some figures into my calculator. "Boss, there's been a slight setback."

"What type of setback? What did I say about wasting my time? Just tell me." I had no idea which of my men I was speaking to since I didn't save any of their numbers but whoever it was clearly scared of me, his voice quivered when he spoke. "Uh..someone attacked the club. It's all damaged."

"Have you found whoever did it?" He mumbled a no so I asked my next question. "Do you have an idea who did it?" Again he said no. "So what do you want me to do about it? Find out who did it and tell Matteo, also fix up the club, I want it ready for the opening night, nothing is stopping this opening. Do you understand me?"

"B-but boss, it's been blown up. There's hardly anything left, we'll never be ready in two weeks." I chuckled as I listened to his attempt at trying to change my mind. "If it's not ready, it's your ass on the line. Don't think I won't kill you, I've killed people for much less than this. Don't screw it up." With that I hung up my phone throwing it down on the table.

The opening of this club was much more than just a night of alcohol and strippers, it was all part of a plan to get someone at the same level as Dante on my side. I may be powerful, but I couldn't defeat someone like Dante on my own without risking the lives of my family and my unborn baby, which is an idea I wasn't even prepared to entertain. I hadn't heard from Dante since my father's birthday, which only means he was planning something. Someone like Dante doesn't take being disrespected lightly, no matter how hard he tried to play it cool. That was only because he was outnumbered on the night since he was a guest at my party. It could easily be an equal fight though.