Chapter One

Before we get started, I'm just writing this purely for fun, so expect this to be horrible and inaccurate to the comics and movies. Besides that, join me in my obsession with the dark knight and his clan.

POV Robyn

Last week my life changed for forever. My name is Robyn Lucy Hughes and for all my life I didn't know who my father was. It never really bothered me until I saw all the girls dressed up with their fathers at dances or diners together. Their special bond that I would never have. I tried to force myself numb whenever I came upon a happy family because I would never be normal like them.

I guess there are some perks of having a single mom, but I never found any myself. She was distance if not ignoring me altogether. There would be weeks when I would not see her and when she finally showed up it was with a hangover and purse full of dirty money. I got nothing from asking where it was from except a backhand, but that was enough of an answer. She when by the name of Connie Cat to her adult friends. People say I have her eyes and lucky to have her body too.

That was true until I broke my shoulder and elbow trying to skateboard. Connie was furious. We live on the East End of Gotham, we're poor, that's all there is to it. I never got to go to the hospital for it so it didn't heal right. It never really got in the way of things unless I tried to move my right arm higher than my neck or bend my elbow passed a right angle. Learning to adapt wasn't too hard, but I was never the same.

Things were my kind of normal until last week. Connie was gone again, I hadn't seen her in eight days. When she came back though is what was weird. She was scared.

The door open and closed with a loud slam. I slowly crept into the kitchen to watch her. She was half dressed in black leather pants and red heels as she took off her bra. Her heels were kicked off as she started the shower water in the next room before closing the door behind her. Once the room was clear, I darted into the living room. Connie's purse was thrown on the floor. Carefully, I searched through all the pockets to see how much she had brought home this time.

Money, a lot of it. While I was counting it noticed a gun in one of the side pockets. It's shiny metal dulled by ash and dirt. Taking a step back in shock, I dropped it on the floor with a loud thud. Connie has a gun? I asked myself. She has never used a weapon before, much less a bullet.

"You better not say anything about this, Robyn." I had not noticed that she had already gotten out of the shower.

She was wrapped in a towel as she reached down to grab the gun off the floor.

"Connie, wh-why do you have that?" I braved to question.

"Why don't you call me mom like a normal child, girl?" She scolded me. "And it's nothing to you will have to worry about anyway." She put the gun back in her purse with care. "Your father will take care of it for me."

"My father," I echoed her with disbelief. She never talked about him.

"He's got money, he can help me," Connie told me simply. "Now snitches get stitches, girl, so scram." She waved as if the slap me.

I quickly retreated back to my room with many questions. Huddled under my bed sheet I thought of who my father could be, something I tried not to do often. Early the next morning she left to meet my father no doubt. It took all of me not to follow her there.

POV Tim

I heard a knock at the door. It too early to be a salesperson so my imitate thought that it was I guest here to talk to Bruce. With mild curiosity, I went to open the door. Halfway down the stairs, Alfred had already opened the door, I don't know how he is faster than me. A lady in her late twenties stood at the door. Her hair was cut short and makeup was done with skill. She was clearly dressed up to be here, the dress she wore was old but in mint condition, heels were the closest thing you could buy that looked classy but still cheap. What could a woman from Crime Alley be doing here? My interest was peeked considering that nothing the least bit exciting had happened in the last two days.