Chapter Forty Two

Uploaded early, like I promised <3 Enjoy and Savor!!!

POV Robyn

As soon as Dick said "sleepover" beer appeared out of nowhere. Within the hour the two were both getting tipsy. If this had happened a month ago I would have been squirming in my seat with fear as I hear the mens' drunken laughs, but now it doesn't bother me as much. I guess living with Jason and Roy is the cause of that. The two drink enough for me to catch them with a beer in hand every day or so. But they have never been drunk like Connie. They don't raise their voices are getting violent. So I guess I'm okay with it now. It still doesn't mean that my guard is down. I don't think I'll ever truly be okay around drunk people after all that happened with Connie.

With Alfred gone, it's just us three in the cave. Any aggression that the men shared early has long gone as they start sipping away at another beer. In fact, they act almost like how Jason and Roy do, just with a lot less swearing. We all sit on a flight of dark metal stairs as they share stories of their early hero days. I listen in with a light-hearted smile as they share. I have always loved hearing stories about their adventures while crime fighting, that and I'm grateful for a distracting from Jason's condition.

"You know," Dick says after finishing a story about his first face-off with Poison Ivy, "Thea has been looking for you."

"What?" Roy, who had been laughing till then, drops his smile.

"She has been ever since you left rehab." He continues, "You should talk to her,"

By the way Roy's hands tighten into fists, I can tell that Dick should have kept quiet.

"You're one to talk," He forces a smirk.

Dick cocks a brow. "Hmm?"

"I mean, after what happened with you and Kori," Roy taunts eyeing the man. "I doubt anyone will be taking relationship advice from you for a long time."

Noticing the sudden shift in energy, I speak up. "Maybe we should-"

"Shut up, Roy," Dick barks, "You don't know anything,"

"I know that you cheated on your girl," Roy jeers, continuing to escalate the conversation. "I know that you broke her heart and set her off!"

"It's none of you're business," He spits letting his words slur.

"Fuck yeah it is!" Roy shouts back standing up. "She's my friend!"

"She, she's fine," Dick claims through his tone betrays his statement.

"You cheating, fuckin' man whore!" The ginger taunts, making me tense.

Dick retorts, "At least I'm not a junkie!"

Suddenly, a high pitched ring echoes throughout the cave. Both of the men, caught off guard by the unsettling sound, look towards the source of the noise, the med bay. They let go of their agruement as worry for what the noise is overtakes them. I trail after them as they walk urgently towards the bay's entrance. As we turn the corner, I see through the glass walls that Jason has stirred. In a weary manner, he picks at one of the serval wires attached to him. Jason messing with them must have set off the ringing. 

A smile slips onto my face as my pace quickness. By the time we enter the med bay, we all are running to his side. Jason, only half awake, manages to smile as I come into his view. But his smile quickly disappears as he meets eyes with Dick. His turquoise eyes widen as he must realize where he is. Roy notices his mild panic and places a reassuring hand on his leg. 

"It was my only choice," Roy tries to explain himself but Jason clearly wasn't having it.

His surprise turns into a well-used glare. "I just wish I had a little heads up."

"You were dying, Jaybird!" Dick buts in, "You would have died if Roy didn't bring you when he did."

Letting out a sigh, Jason brushes off his brother and turns to me. "You okay?"

I nod, pushing back tears as I squeeze his still bloody hands. "Roy showed up right after you passed out."

"Wait?" Dick looks from me to Roy, "Do you mean Robyn was with Jay when this happened?"

"Um," Roy struggled to find the right, nonincriminating, words.

"Jay got hurt on patrol," I clarify, "I couldn't get a hold of Roy so I went after him myself-"

"-You what?!" Dick exclaims.

"I've been training!" I try to explain.

Dick flashes a glare at Jason, "You've been training her!"

"Just self-defense!" Jason retorts, "I swear I never wanted her out there."

Just then, Babs shows up at the entrance. Her green eyes search around the room until they land on Jason. She looks him up and down with a blank, unreadable stare.

"Babs," Jason rasps as she steps into the room.

"Hey, Jason," She greets him numbly before turning to Dick, "Will you help out Timmy? He's in the kitchen."

"Is he okay?" Jason asks.

"He's fine." Babs practically hisses at the man to everyone's surprise.

Jason, perhaps the most shocked at her sudden hostility, looks to Roy. "We should go."

"Wait, are you sure?" Roy gives Jason a concerned look as he removes his IV. "You almost bled out earlier."

"I heal fast," He grunts as he pushes himself up from the metal table. "Help me up?"

Roy rolls his eyes but obeys. As the two men stumble out of the med bay and into the van, I keep my eyes on Babs. Something about her is off. I have never seen her this lost in thought or passive aggressive for that matter. 

"Roy," Dick interrupts my thoughts as Roy finishes helping Jason into the car. "I know I'm not Robyn's father, but you can bet your ass Bruce is gonna feel the same way I do about her fighting." 

My stomach drops as he says this. 

"Dick, I promise you, it was a one-time thing," Roy tries to reassure him.

Dick only nods.

POV Barbara

About fifteen minutes earlier

"He kissed you?" Is all I can say.

Jason kissed Tim? 

Tim, who's drunken smile fell as he realized what he said, let his head droop.

"You weren't supposed to know that," He mumbled.

My head is spinning. "You're gay? He's gay? Wait, how long has this been going on?!"

"It just kinda happened," He shrugged.

"But he's-but your-no, why would he?!" I stumble to find words as I stare at my brother, but he is too drunk to answer my questions anyway. I'll have to wait till he sobers up to get any peace of mind.

Just as I pour Tim a glass of water, I hear a faint ringing coming from below. 

"You hear that?" I ask him as I hand him the glass.

"I-I can smell numbers," He replies wide-eyed as he takes a sloppy slip of water.

Giving him a curious look, I sigh, "Just stay here, I'll check it out myself."

Oh boi, wasn't this chapter sad. I would really count this chapter as 41 part 2, but ehhh. Anyway, thanks for being patient while I get my uploading schedule back on track. The next part will be published on time, I promise!!