Chapter 17

POV Robyn

The car ride to the airport was short filled mostly by Damian's complaints and Dick trying to hush him up. Tim was blasting his music as Babs was listening to something like a podcast on her phone. I just tried to stay quiet and still. Though this day will surely become a happy memory, I still trapped in thought. 

Connie is on my mind. Her pale figure haunts each corner of my conscience. All I can imagine is what she would think of me right now, all dolled up in a limousine owned by the richest man in Gotham. What would she think of the makeup and the dress? Would she be happy to see me finally taken care of or would she be jealous of how I now have what she always wanted? I try so hard to imagine her bright smile as I show off the gown I wear and the shiny jews on my wrists. Still, know she would never be so kind to me.

As we pull up to the airport, I spot what can only be the Wayne Family's personal jet. It's silver and blue design is nothing less than extravagant, something you would expect from the famous Bruce Wayne. Still, my jaw hangs in awe. There are just some things I will never get used to.

The chauffeur opens my door first as Babs followed by me and Damian file out of the limo. I glance from the redhead to Damian, but neither of them is phased. Why would they be, after all, this is just another Saturday night for them. Wiping the look of shock off my face, we all wait for Dick and Tim to join us at the base off the jet.

"Is this is your first plane ride?" Babs asks me quietly.

I smile a little bit, "It's not like I could have afforded a ticket to go on one if I wanted to."

Dick saunters up to us with Tim trailing after him, his eyes glued to his phone. He does another quick head count before we start up the stairs to the jet. 

It's not like I haven't seen the inside of a plane before. Well, I haven't seen one in person, but photos for airline companies and travel agencies have given me an idea of what a plane should look like. This jet, however, is nothing like those photos. The inside of the jet is luxurious with velvet floors a leather seats. Flat screen TVs sit in front of each oversized seat as multip mini fridges and game tables line the walls. I watch in wonder as the others take little notice of the wealth around them. Dick gives me a comforting smile I just stand there, completely dumbfounded.

"Where's Bruce?" Tim speaks up taking out one earbud.

Till now I had completely forgotten Bruce was coming with us. My stomach drops as I think about facing him. Ever since I got here, he has wanted nothing to do with me. Honestly, I thought he had forgotten about me. Most of me wants to hind, lock myself in a room and wait for this to be all over, but something tells me not to. Something about this day has changed my mind. Until today, I was convinced that my life was still going to be as it was in Crime Alley, isolated and lonely. I don't know what changed my mind or made me feel this way, but now I have hope. Maybe, just maybe, I will finally be happy with where I am.

"He better not miss the plane," Babs warns from her seat before stopping to stare behind me. "Oh, hey Bruce,"

I spin around and to my luck, Bruce Wayne is in fact behind me. We both look shocked at first. Seeing him, a man so famous everyone in Gotham knows his name, is both terrifying and surreal. My knees feel like they might give out as he gives me a half smile.

"Can I talk to you outside for a second, Robyn?" He asks softly.

"S-Sure," I stumble on my words as he leads me down the stairs and out of hearing range to the others.

"I'm sorry we haven't spoken since you got here." He tells me with direct eye contact that makes me squirm.

"It's okay, really," I mumble looking down.

"No, I should pay more attention to you." He admits taking a moment to give me more space.

"It's okay, I used to being alone." Blush runs to my cheeks as I realize I shouldn't have that. "But Dick and Babs have been really kind to me."

Bruce gives me another smile, it's strangely similar to the one I always imagined my father having.

"I promise to be there from now on." He reassures me before walking back up to the stairs.

I follow after him, slowly and unsure. Though it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, my heart is still racing. He was nice and kind, he acted like he cared. My head spins as I take my seat beside Babs on the plane.

Lol this chapter's short