Chapter Forty Nine

Jesus fuck this chapter is late. Lo siento mi familia. Enjoy and Savor!

POV Tim

"So, where have you been?"

Dick is there to greet me as I slid through my window. Not really surprising considering that he gives Damian the same treatment whenever he sneaks out. I, however, have never really snuck out. Taking a breath, I get ready for the oncoming lecture.

"Out," I reply simply, closing the window behind me.

"Out? Out!" Dick's voice rises as he steps closer. "This is the kinda thing I expect from Damian, not you Tim. Where were you?!"

"I had my comlink on me, if you needed me you could have called." I say, my tone cold and laced with annoyance.

"What do you think I have been doing since five AM?" Dick practically shouts, "You never picked up!"

Furrow my brow, I lift my hand up to my ear and realize that my comn must have fallen out while I was with Jason, fuck. Thank god those things don't have a tracker on them.

"Well, it was none of your business anyway. You're not father and you're not my brother, so why don't you just fuck off?" I yell back, tired of everyone breathing down my neck. "It's not like you care,"

Dick's face twists with anger at my words, but before he can say something he'll regret, his features soften. "What happened to you, Timmy?" He says quietly.

Looking away, I take a breath as well. "I-" Should I tell him the truth? No, he wouldn't understand. But I can't just tell him nothing. "-I met, someone."

His eyes light up a little, "Someone?"

"Yeah," I mumble, suddenly embarrassed.

"Girl or..." He lets his voice trail off, implying his suspicion.

"Boy," I admit to his excitement. "And no, you don't get a name."

A proud smile creeps onto his lips. "How long?"

I swallow hard, "A while,"

"And you were with them?" He asks, lifting a brow.

"Yeah, we um..."

At this point, Dick is now laughing, "Look at my little brother, all grown up! How was it?"

My face blushes bright red, "No, no, no, no, nope! We are not having this conversation!" I state, pushing him out of my bedroom. "And don't run your mouth off about this, I don't really want anyone to know."

"But how am I supposed to keep this secret?" He pouts, pushing back against my attempts to make him leave.

"You literally have a secret alter ego."

He sighs, "I guess,"

Rolling my eyes, I shove him out of my door and close it behind him. How the hell am I gonna make this work?

POV Robyn

"You were awfully loud last night," Roy says quietly as Jason emerges from his room, taking a bite of his hashbrowns.

Jason smirks, "I thought I made the walls sound proof for a reason."

"You thought,"

I watch as Roy shoots a glare at Jason, clearing remembering last night's fight. I've always hated people fighting, but passive aggressive fighting just makes me anxious. It also doesn't help that this is because of me. If I had just stayed quiet about becoming a vigilante they wouldn't be having this argument.

"Look," I speak up, "I don't want you guys to argue over me, so-"

"-Robyn," Roy stops me, "This isn't because of you."

"It kind of is," Jason numbles between bites of his breakfast.

Roy fires another glare at the half-dressed man. "Shut up, dude!"

"Well, it's true!" He shouts back, making me flinch. "She wants to be a vigilante!"

"What did you expect? Were all vigilantes!"

Jason gives him a low look. "That doesn't mean it's right! If you think I'm gonna let my sister out their alone you're dead wrong."

"But she won't be alone, Jason! She'll have us, and Dick, and Bruce, and all the other Bats looking after her." Roy lectures, "And I'll be damned if anything happens to her."

"But Roy it's not that simple!"

He shakes his head. "Will put a tracker on her, two if it makes you sleep better at night. She will never go out there without one of us, and she never gets out of our site. Her armor will be the best we have and she will be trained in everything under the sun."

Jason still looks uncertain. Biting his bottom lip, he turns to me. "And you sure you want this. You know after you put on the mask you can never go back."

"I already did," I say.

He gives me a sad smile, shaking his head. "I'm never gonna forgive myself if you get hurt."

"Then I won't," I state, to which he laughs.

"And I get to decide when and where you get to patrol." He says, "And you will listen to everything I say out there."

"Deal!"

Roy lets a smile linger on his lips as we shake hands over the table.

"Looks like you've got some decisions to make then," He tells me.

I cock my brow. "Huh?"

"I mean, between the costume and the code name, you've gotta find your fighting style and preferred weapon." The redhead explains.

Jason nods his head. "And don't even think about that till you learn all code words and ins and outs of the city."

My head spins a little as they tell me this. "I guess I have my work cut out for me."

IK it's a short chapter, ik it's not that good. But hey its something. Love ya'll, SEEYOULATERBYEEEE!!!