Chapter 72

I'll just leave this here ;)

This is a list of people who need to stop being nice to me: @1Partypanda1 @hyrule_mendes1701 @brezzie1 @Smiley_Noir @Emmajones200 @_i_n_s_o_m_n_i_a_c_ @RainSunshineRainbow @LITTLEZANE_06  All of you voting and commenting and telling me you like the story is making me smile-cry and it's time to sTAPH <3 Seriously though, you fantastic beans are so sweet thank you!!!!

Enjoy and Savor!

POV Robyn

"I'm going to cut his heart out." Damian says, throwing a flat round pebble out into the harbor. "Slowly, with a dull knife." We both watch as the rock skips forcefully across the dark water and out to sea. "I want him to watch as I pull his arteries from his chest."

He's talking about Jason. And though I know this, every time he says "him" I forget more and more.

The black-haired boy turns back to me where I sit on a forgotten dock. It's decrepit, to say the least. Loose and rotted boards already broken through and hanging on by even looser and rusty nails as the harbor turns the submerged half green with algae. When I first found this place years ago, my leg fell through one of these boards just begging to break. I'm more careful now.

Damian has been here with me once before, back when I was still fresh out Recovery and just reached the milestone of being able to walk without feeling like my insides were pulsing. He had just barely convinced Roy to let me leave the apartment to go for a walk.

Now I'm here with him again, no Roy or Jason to argue or plead with. Just me and the only brother I have left. It's less of feeling sad and more of feeling numb.

"He had no right," He says, more to himself than me. "I'm going to kill him."

"You've been saying that for the past two hours."

He looks away. "He doesn't get to hurt you and live."

In my lap, Titus stirs. It's insane how much he has grown since I last saw him. The once half-dead looking pup is now taller than a door handle and looks strong enough to pull a car. I barely even recognized him when Damian reintroduced us. Apparently though, I haven't changed at all. He's been stuck to my side ever since he saw me again.

I give the dog an off smile as he licks my hand before pushing it against his cheek asking for more pets. Somehow it reminds me of Jason.

Is that how it's going to for now until forever? It's like the opposite of a spark - it's like a black hole. Every little thing that reminds me of him ignites like a black hole that swirls and burns and devours my thoughts. Even when he's gone - even when he's left me I can't stop thinking about him.

Him, my favorite person; him. The one who took me in when I was lost and taught me family. He gave me home and showed me power. And then he left me crying on the doorstep of the people who make me remember everything I am not. The children of the father I never really knew. I never had a chance to. And as much as I know they want me to be part of their family, I don't think I ever could, especially now. Who wants a murder for a sister? Not Jason, not Roy. They left me without even saying goodbye.

Maybe that's the worst part. I never got to say goodbye, not in the way that I wanted to. This morning if I knew that I would never see Roy again there is so much I would have said. First off, thank you. Thank you for letting me stay even when you didn't want me too. Thank you for letting me grow on you and adopting me as your sister. Thank you for the training and the stupid jokes and the weird knowledge of screwdrivers and explosives you gave me. Thank you for believing in me and giving me my shoulder back. I'm sorry I never gave you anything but heartache and disappointment. I wish I could have been everything you wanted me to be.