Chapter 74 Part 2

Trigger Warning!! Under age alcohol use and brief mentions of underage drug use. Also some light homophobia bc i've had a hard week and therefore my characters have to suffer the same mAH!!

Don't do drugs kids >:0

POV Tim

After that first night, the days kinda blended together. That's not trying to say that they were boring. To be honest, it's been a long time since I've laughed this much - I think the first time since Bruce died. After the "roof affair" which is just another erotic nickname Conner has given a very much not thing, the ice was officially shattered.

The entire thing seemed to finally give Jason the confidence to look at me again. His eyes are no longer hesitant and his stares have turned long and shameless. Most of the time this ends with me a red hot and giggling mess. I should also mention that the entire middle shelf in the fridge was filled with IPA one the first night. We have made a significant dent in the past three days. We haven't gotten anything more than buzzed, but the equation of Jason's normal drinking habits and the fact he gave up Robyn earlier this week, I give it till tomorrow night, the night of the meteor shower.

It's not that I'm upset with him drinking a lot. Back before everything, intoxicated in some form or another was just how we did things - and liked them for that fact. It just made the situation easier; it's not like sleeping with the family exile and knowing that secret could destroy the second and only family you have, is easy to deal with. Especially when feelings started to get complicated.

And he's not the only one either. Every time he gets another beer, I always ask him to get another one for me too. He makes a point though of cutting me off before I can prove just how much of a lightweight I am.

He always laughs it off and says "someone has to be mother hen without Dickie around", but he and I both know that's just a cover-up. He's scared of overstepping. As much as he tries to hide it or play it off, he's constantly walking on eggshells. He doesn't want to trespass or scare me off, but honestly, it aches how badly I want to kiss him.

It's like the action is constantly queued in my mind, and it only gets worse with the alcohol. Last night I drew blood with how hard I had to bite my tongue to keep it together. But I'll be honest, I'm half a beer in and my eyes keep wondering permanently to his lips.

"Okay, umm," Jason sighs and presses the cold bottle of his first beer to his cheek. "My hair's naturally red."

I nearly choke on my sip. "What!"

He only laughs and nods, "Yup, ginger - born and raised."

Lately, we have started playing games the hour or so before we get dinner ready. Last night, we ended up wrapped into a truth or dare game which ended up the only way vigilantes can play truth or dare; Jason trying to do a wheelie on his motorcycle and laughing wildly as he darts off the road into a muddy ditch when a pickup truck comes around the curve.

Tonight, we decided to take turns telling each other random things or fun facts that the other person didn't know about us. Out of everything I thought I would discover through, this was the last thing on the list. Jason Todd is a ginger.

"Are you being serious right now!" I practically yell at him as he laughs, half getting out of my seat.

He glances away but smiles, "Yeah, I've been dying it ever since middle school."

My mouth hangs open. "So Bruce knew and he never told me,"

"I don't know - I guess? It's not like it's worth mentioning."

"Not worth mentioning?! This changes my entire view of you! Does Dick know?"

He nods, taking a sip of his drink. "Babs too,"