Chapter 14

Just reached 200 reads!!! Thank you so much!!!

POV Robyn

As I descend down the stairs, I'm greeted by an energic Titus, the stray Damian and I had found yesterday. Even after just one day, he looks ten times better. He has put on at least three pounds. With brushed teeth and a groomed coat, he looks less like a pathetic stray and more like a pathetic puppy. He wags his tail gleefully and sticks his nose to my palm. I kneel down to his level and give his head a gentle pat. That's when I notice his new collar, a thin blue band with a small bat-shaped dog tag with his name carved into it.

He follows as I reach the bottom step. The brothers wait there for me. Dick stands beside a rather bored looking Damian. They both wear different styles. Damian looks more preppy, his clothes probably cost more than mine, while Dick looks like he bought his own clothes. He's dressed in a sports jacket and cheap tennis shoes, it's like he's the quarterback of every teen movie. Then there's Tim who stands sulking in the corner. He looks half dead inside and completely dead on the outside. Sweatpants, slides, and a graphic tee don't look good on everyone, but they look worst on him.

Tim spots me first this time. He promptly looks away, probably remembering our last encounter. I'm not exactly looking forward to spending my morning with him either. Damian sees me second and gives Dick a rather harsh jab to the stomach as to signal my arrival. Dick glares down at him and rubs his side.

"Tim, Damian, Robyn," He mumbles a quick head count before announcing, "Okay, everybody let's head out!"

Damian calls Titus to his side, "Titus is coming with us."

"You can't bring a dog into a restaurant," Tim comments condescendingly.

"I don't remember asking you, Drake." Damian taunts before walk past him and out the door.

Once we were all settled in the car, Tim and I end up in the back seat with Dick driving and Damian sharing shotgun with Titus. I scooch as far away as I could from Tim. He seems to have a similar idea and stares directly out the window. Dick took our distance as a sign of disinterest and cleared his voice.

"Damian, you and Robyn won yesterday." He states, "Where are we going?"

"Peacefood Cafe," He answers confidently.

"I'm not going to eat a veggie burger," Tim looks at Dick through the rearview mirror.

Dick ignores him, "Are you okay with that, Robyn?"

I'm never really been to any nice restaurants before. McDonald's and Burger King where my once a year treats. I doubt those places are considered nice, especially in Gotham.

"I'm fine with anything," Veggie burgers can't be that bad right?

Tim let out a dreadful groan as Dick put the car into drive.

Once we were just inside the city limits, Dick beside to put on some music, much to Damian's dismay. The two argue over the radio while Tim and I pay little attention. Finally, they decide on a song, either that or Damian gave up trying. It was some cringy pop song that Dick is singing extremely loud. I can feel the whole car shake as he turns up the bass. Titus gives a small whimper as Damian curls up in his seat as a sign of protest. Looking over, I saw Tim had brought earbuds, smart choice.

"I live for the applause, applause, applause!" Dick screams, surprisingly on key. "I live for the applause, applause!"

Finally, Damian has had enough.

"Turn that off or I will crash this car." He threatens coldly.

Dick ignores him.

Damian then jumps for the wheel. I feel my heart jump to my throat as Dick loses control of the car. The two fight for the wheel as Tim still pays no mind to the car that was currently spinning in circles. Lucky, the street we are on is pretty empty. The few cars behind have stopped and were now just staring at the wild car in front of them while the people on the sidewalks were running for their lives.

"Let go, Damian!" Dick exclaims, trying to pry off Damian's small fingers from the wheel. "Are you trying to get us killed!?"

"Change the music!" Damian shouts.

Titus whines while my face turns pale and eyes fill with fear.

"Just change the damn music!" I yell, fearing for my life.

Dick looks at me. His face is surprisingly calm, angry, but still calm. It's like this doesn't phase him. Spinning out of control while his demonic brother threatens to slit his throat is normal for him. But as he registers the fear on my face, his expression turns to concern. 

"Fine" He mumbles. 

Damian lets go and the car spins to a stop. Dick then turns off the radio like a dramatic 5-year-old and begins to drive again.

Let's just say the rest of the morning was filled with nothing but chaos. Tim had nothing but snarky remarks to say while Damian took every chance he could to make a sarcastic comment. Dick was just watching on powerlessly as the fun family breakfast he wanted rapidly went downhill. This whole time, I didn't say a word.

The car ride back was spent in silence. None of us dared to request music. When we got back to the manor, everyone was worn out. Tim immediately left us for a secret elevator behind the fireplace. The others didn't seem too phased by the spy movie like exit, so I tried to dismiss it. Damian walked over to an old grandfather clock and, through some miraculous magic, was able to push away the interior of the clock and find a fireman pole to slide down. Now my head was really spinning. 

Titus steads me with a gentle nudge. I look down at his puppy dog eyes, I see a reflection of my exhausted face. Slowly, I stumble up the stairs. As the mutt trails after me, I walk past Dick's room. My curiosity gets the best of me as I stop to stare through the open door. Getting a better look at the room, I realize that this must have been his childhood bedroom. Either that or he never grew up. Robin hood poster plague his walls and action figures are placed neatly on the shelves. No grown man would live here.

A vase glass door leads out to a small balcony against the back wall. Dick stands at the edge, leaning heavily against the fencing as he fumbles with a Superman action figure. I watch on in silence, unsure of what to do. Titus takes matters into his own hands and paws towards him. I try to call him back to my side but he ignores me completely. With a sigh, I follow him.

Dick notices my approach and quickly shoves the action figure into his pocket. 

"Hey, Robyn," He mumbles as I stand at the balcony door.

"Thank you for breakfast," My throat tightens as I have no idea how to not be awkward.

He laughs, "Breakfast was a disaster, don't thank me." He looks up at me, "I'm sorry, I should have known that this would have gone over horribly."

My fingers fumble with the bottom of my sweater. "Well, at least you're trying."

"I've been trying ever since Damian got here," Dick explains, his voice rushed and resentful. "By now I'd call it failing."

"Is he always like that?" I question, think back to how Damian almost crashed us into a building.

"Which one?"

"Both,"

Dick smiles slightly, "Pretty much, yeah,"

This chapter is awful, I'm not gonna lie, but I've been pretty off my writing game recently so hopefully like get y'all some better chapters soon.