Chapter Twenty Five

POV Robyn

Ever since Tim came back to the manor, things have been crazy. Babs has been spending the last few nights here watching over Tim while Alfred continues to fuss over him as well. Damian has begun training Titus. You think this would be helpful except for the fact that the first command Titus learned was "Attack" and Bruce has been slaving over work at Wayne Enterprise after LexCop leaked stole files about new WE technology. Meanwhile, everyone's checking their phones every five minutes to make sure that no worrying theories have come out of Tim's trip to the ER. To add on top of that, Dick left for Blüdhaven this morning. Not only are we a man down, but now everyone is grieving over the departure of their favorite brother.

I, however, have nothing to do. So far my time has been filled with nothing but me trying to figure out my new laptop to no prevail. It's just me sitting in the empty corridors I find while growling at my computer. What's so great about technology if it's too complicated to even use? With a sigh, I give up on trying to download Google Chrome and close the laptop. 

"Robyn," Damian suddenly appears in the corner of my vision.

In surprise, I spring to my feet, almost pushing over what must be a priceless vase.

"Sorry," Damian apologizes before taking a step back, "I forgot you get scared easily."

I do not scare easily, "What do you want?" I say a bit colder then I meant to.

If he has taken back by my tone, he didn't show it. "I thought you should know that Drake is skilled with computers. He could be of use to you."

Now I feel bad for snapping at him. "Thanks, br-" I stop myself just before I let it leave my lips. I didn't mean to say it, it just felt nature at this point. Taking what seen to be minutes but is really only a second, I decide that maybe I should say it. "Thanks, brother,"

Shock is a strange emotion to see on Damian's face. Really any emotion except for anger and emptiness is unnatural when it comes to him. But his surprises melts into a small grin on the corner of his lips before it disappears completely.

"Of course, sister," He speaks so blankly it makes me think my eyes had just played a trick on me.

With that, he walks away leaving me to wonder if he really just did call me "sister". 

It's not too hard to find Tim's room, I just follow the smell of chicken soup and death. The door is slightly open, but I still knock. After all, last time I barged into a room it was a bit scarring.

"Come in," I hear the faint sound of Tim's voice.

Upon entering the cluttered mess that Tim call's a bedroom, I see hoards and hoards of old case files stacked on top of each other with papers spilling out across the floor. Overfilled hampers of clothes and bedsheets crowd in each corner as Tim lies propped up on his king-sized bed. He doesn't look too good. The ever-present dark circles and acne are defined by his sickly pale skin as he wears an ugly Christmas sweater onesie.

"It's Robyn," I explain meekly, this is the first time we have spoke since he returned from the hospital. "Damian told me you were good with computers and-ah-I can't figure out my laptop."

He sighs and I think maybe this was a bad idea. "What do you need help with?"

"Um, everything?"

He pauses, "Bring it here,"

One hour later and I still unsure what a software update is, but I know how to open google and Tim assures me that's all I need. Just as I'm about to leave with my new found knowledge, he stops me.

"Hey, I-" He stutters as if thinking of how to phrase his words. "I wanna say I'm sorry for how...cold I've been to you since you got here."

This catches me off guard but I manage to respond. "It's okay,"

He looks at me with intelligent eyes, clearly not believing me. Truth is, Tim scares me. After that night in the kitchen when we got into a fight, I really thought he was going to hurt me. I know now that it was never his intent to frighten me, but my impulse is telling me not to let my guard down. But my gut can be wrong, I think. I mean, look where I am. Does any of this make sense? Maybe I should stop listening to those feelings of fear and do what I want. I want to be friends with Tim, maybe one day even call him my brother.

"It's not okay," I sigh, "But, thank you, I'm sorry too,"

He raises a brow, "Sorry for what?"

"Showing up out of nowhere, crashing your house, making Damian tackle you," I read of the list, my tone light and almost playful.

"Actually," He smiles at me, "I don't think I mind having you around anymore."

I smile back.