Chapter Twenty Eight

WHAT THE HELL YOU GUYS!!! 814 READS???? YOU GUYS ARE TOO GOOD FOR ME!!!! *trigger warning* there is torture in this chapter so if that is a no for you I don't read the beginning of this chapter and start reading again where the next author note is!!!

POV Tim

I wake to a sharp pain in my side and laughter ringing in my ear. Opening my eyes, a blinding white light shines down on me from above. I cringe as my eyes try to focus on anything. Eventually, I'm able to spot four figures, each of them only a few feet in front of me. Just as I start to make out their faces, the closest one slashes my side with a knife. I let out a gasp as I relive the same pain that woke me up. Usually, I can take a cut, even if it's deep, but this one hurts like a bitch. The blade must be laced with something.

"Timothy Drake-Wayne," I hear a male voice rasp out my name, "Is it okay if I call you Tim?"

Trying once again to stay awake, I curse the fact that this happens to me so often. My eyes finally focus on my captures. The unmistakable silhouette of Penguin is my main concern. I can feel my heart beat faster as I come to my senses. I'm trapped, my hands are tied above me with chains (clearly Penguin remembered that zip ties can't hold me) and my feet can barely support my weight. My limited strength has been spent on just getting here, there's no way I can fight my way out. No, no, no! I want to shout. Alfred was right, I should have waited. Now I'm going to die here, but the worst part is that he knows who I am. That means he has all he needs to hurt my family.

"You can go to hell!" I retort.

A crease forms between his brows as he signals for one of the men behind him. My eyes widen as I see the sledgehammer in his hands.

"Break a rib," Penguin demands with no remorse.

Closing my eyes, I tense, waiting or the blow, but no amount of discipline can stop me from screaming as I feel my rib snap in my chest. The sour taste of blood fills my mouth as I wince with every agonizing cough. Gritting my teeth I glare down at the short man. However, a crooked smile lines his thin lips as he takes in my crippled state.

Everyone who didn't wanna read that torture bit, here's what happened. Tim has been kidnapped by Penguin and has no hope of escape. Penguin now knows who he is and had some dude beat him up pretty bad. So overall, not fun. 

"Now, Tim, from what I've heard, you are quite a detective." He taunts, waddling around me like a predator stalking its prey. 

I choke out a laugh, "Who told you that?"

"Selena," 

My interest pikes. It's cliche for a villain to reveal his plan to his nemesis before killing him. I might as well us this to my advantage. The hero, of course, always escapes and can actually use the information they learned later. I'm not gonna be so lucky though. No one knows where I am, this suit has no tracker, and the screaming pain from my rib tells me that I'm not going to live through this. So since I'm going to die, I would at least like to know why.

"Wh-why would she tell you a-anything?" I rasp spitting out another mouthful of blood.

He grins, "The bomb in I put in her neck made her sing like a canary. She even told me a few other things."

It all makes sense now. The things she stole were for Penguin. He had her cornered against a wall and the evidence she planted at the crime scenes were cries for help.

"She explained in full detail about how you're daddy Bruce Wayne likes to spend his nights." He gloats with pride. "She even gave me directions to the Bat's cave, and after I'm done with you, that whole mansion is going to burn!"