Chapter Twenty Four

POV Robyn

Jason is unlike any person I have ever met. When I'm around him it's as if the universe has finally taken pity on me and sent me joy. They sent me Jason and now I am happy. His laugh is smoothing rain, his smile gives me faith, and as I fear for the life of Tim, my new found brother, I feel a sense of hope wash over me. Hope that even though tonight I cry, even though he might never wake up, even though my world crumbles I might just make it out alive. Went I look into Jason's eyes, I can start to see the layers behind the turquoise sea. He has faced so much and yet he is still here. And even though I can see the scars it doesn't define him.

As the hours pass, I slowly watch Jason empty the bottles in Bruce's liquor cabinet. I admit drunk people put me on edge. Connie used to get drunk a lot. She used to get really violent, throwing plates and threatening me, so every time she picked up a bottle I would sneak out through the fire escape. As I see Jason reach for a bottle of vodka, I don't know how to react. He must have noticed my discomfort because he pulls a gun out of his jacket. Immediately, I freeze up.

"Don't worry," He says softly before siding the gun across the counter to me. "If you get scared, just shoot me."

I look up at them with disbelief. "Shoot you?"

"I'm serious," He confirms, "Cock it and pull the trigger,"

"But, but won't that...hurt you?"

He laughs, "When I was resurrected, I got a few sorta powers with it. I am stronger and can heal faster, so don't worry, I can take it."

Still, I hold the gun with shaky hands. "I've never shot a gun before," I breath.

"It's not that hard," He smiles, "Let me show you."

By the time the sun rises, Jason has drunk himself under the table. I realize that he is no condition to get himself home, where that is, and I don't think he would want to be caught blackout drunk by any of the others. Taking things into my own hands, I do my best to drag him to my room. He passes out shortly afterward, leaving me to doze off as well.

I wake up to the sound of a ringtone. Following the sound, I see the phone in the pocket of the now sleeping Jason. It's probably Dick, I think because of the time. Careful not to wake him, I reach into the pocket of his leather jacket and grab the phone. It's not like the phone Bruce gave me but instead is more beat up with a few cracks on the screen. The call ID reads Asshole, making me question who is actually calling. Still, I answer, if it's Dick then he'll have news about Tim.

"Hello?" I call out holding the phone up to my ear.

"Dude, where have you been? I have been texting and calling you for five hours!" I don't recognize the man's voice.

"I'm sorry?" I don't know what to say, it's not like I have experience with making phone calls. "This-This isn't Jason,"

There's a pause.

When he finally speaks up again his voice lower and demanding. "Who the hell are you and what have you done with Jason."

My impulse is to hang up, but this guy must be another vigilante if he knows Jason. If I do surely he will track Jason down and I don't really feel like looking down the barrel.

"I-I didn't, he's not, Jason's fine...ish," I look over to the passed out man. "I'm Robyn, not the Batman's Robin but like-um-actually Robyn,"

His tone changes to one of confusion, "Wait, Bruce Wayne's daughter Robyn?"

"Yeah," I say with a laugh.

"Why do you have Jason's phone?" He questions me.

"Well, long story?" I don't know how to explain this really.