Chapter Twenty One

POV Robyn

Soon after Wally arrived, the two snuck off to other parts of the house leaving me to return to my room. As I open the door, my eyes immediately go to the large gift on my bed. My first thought is that I have walked into someone else's room, but sure enough, there is my dirty laundry on the floor. Maybe some accidental put their package in the wrong room? Taking a closer look, I see a note attached to the colorful wrapping paper.

You'll probably need this

-Bruce

I run my fingers over the cursive writing and trace the signature with my nails. What more could I need? Nervously, I tear off the packaging to reveal a laptop box and phone box. I can barely believe what I'm holding in my hand. Connie had a phone, it was small and boxy. She could barely afford it and the phone bills were also out of our budget. Whenever I got to use her phone, she treated it like the highest honor. I was always drowned in threatens when I held it, like if I ever dropped it Connie said she would lock me lock in my room till she took pity on me. Never before have I fathomed I would have one of my own. Now though, I feel stupid for think that. My father's a billionaire, of course I would get a phone. Still, I can feel my hands shake.

It takes me about 30 minutes, but I think I figured out how to work this thing. I feel like an idiot for not know how a phone works, but this is not a normal phone, I swear. It must be the most complicated, high tech, unnecessary phone ever made. Why do I need it to scan my face to unlock it, seriously? Never the less, I'm so grateful. As I go to open Google, I realize the service is terrible out here and I have no idea what the Wifi password is. Maybe I should call Alfred? No, I really don't want to bother him. Honestly, though he is very friendly, I don't like talking with Alfred. It's too strange having a person around who is paid to do things that I could do by myself. With that in mind, I carry my phone like a precious piece of jewel to go find Dick.

Navigating my way around the manor is a lot easier now, I only get lost half of the time instead of being in a constant state of confusion. So far I have mapped out where the stairs are, where Dick's room is, and how to get to the kitchen. I still have no idea where everyone else's rooms are, though it's not like I need to know that right now. The only people who I really speak to is Dick and Damian, and Damian has a strange way of finding me just as I want to talk to him.

When I reach Dick's room, the door is cracked open. I knock lightly on the wood just enough to push it. As it swings open, I immediately regret it. My face burns with embarrassment as I spot Dick on top of Wally, their lips pressed together. My hand grabs the doorknob and slam it shut before I run down the hallway and back to my room. As I close the door, my mind runs wild with questions. Doesn't he have a girlfriend? What was her name, Cora? Why was he with him? Does that mean Dick's gay? Is he secretly cheating on Cora with Wally because of there some kind of chic flic level love triangle going on? Oh my god!

"Robyn?" It's Dick, he must have heard me slam the door and then followed me down the hall. "Robyn, please, let me explain!"

I stay quiet, how else am I supposed to respond in this kind of situation.

"Robyn, I know you are in there," He pleads to me, "Just open the door, please,"

Taking a deep breath, I do as he says. Our eyes meet as he steps into my room, he's expression panicked as he closes the door behind him.

"I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to see that," He begins as he starts pacing around my room. "Just please don't tell, Kori, or anyone for that matter,"

"So no one knows-"

"That I'm cheating, no," He interrupts.

It's easy to see he is having a panic attack, his breath is rapid and short, his hands tremble as they pull on his shirt. His pale skin has turned paler than usual while he places on hand against his chest like he is trying to force his heart to slow down.

"They also don't know that I'm bi," He whimpers sitting down on my bed. "Wally, and now you, are the only people who know."

"So," I ask awkwardly, "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know," Dick confides in me, "I love Kori, I love her a lot, but Wally and I have been going since high school. I thought that moving in with Kori would help me decide who to be with but I just don't know! Besides, it's hard enough being closeted, coming out would destroy everything I've worked for. The public would turn on me, the BPD, I have no idea how Bruce would react-"

"Hey," I shh him, sitting down beside him, "It's going to be okay,"

I don't really know how to comfort people, my only guilds have been from movies, but I can tell that Dick needs somebody right now. My tactic of shutting him up sees to work as he quiets down. I don't fight it as he pulls me into a hug, something I have never been comfortable with.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" He says whilst sobbing.

"Promise,"

Honestly, I love both Birdflash and NightStar, so I decided to add them both. Also if you have a ship you wanna see in this book, just comment it cause I'm pretty open to adding in some. And I also wanna get to know you guys cause I have yet to meet any BatFam fans in real life so please do comment and maybe we can connect!!!